Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Friday sales

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I will pre-fix this post with the fact that I am a savey buyer and will make sure if im buying something I need I do so at the best price.

However, there is something very "lower class" about all this Black Friday / Sales / Reduced items bullshit. It's so cringey.

I see people in the supermarket all the time 'festering' the reduced section, gorging on their purchase of a lattice steak pie which was reduced to £1.30 becuase it goes out of date tomorrow.

Simularly people falling on the floor infront of news crews, so desperate to save a few bob that they will publically humilate themselves just to get to a 2nd rate TV which they wouldnt look twice at the rest of the year.

You really can't buy class, but if you could, these people would only do so with heavily promoted discount.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think most initial reviews have been updated in the 12 months since it's original release to suggest, subjectively at least, that it has greatly improved with various firmware updates, and better integration with UK tv systems such as Freeview, Sky, Virgin Tivo and BT, and is now a level pegging competitor with the PS4.

The only reason to buy a Xbox is is you cannot live without Halo and Forza or all your friends have one and you want to play online with them. In every other circumstance there is a better option.

The Wii U is the best console if you want to sit on a couch with your friends and play games, it also has the best first part games of any of the consoles and definitely the best fun factor, as well as being the cheapest (£200 from Amazon with two of this years highest rated games and an extra controller).

The PS4 is the best console is you want to play most third party games at a higher resolution with more bells and whistles because it is the highest spec current generation console with a significantly better video card and ram allocation than the Xbox. The visual difference of games between the Xbox and PS4 will only grow larger.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Clever people know how to get this stuff cheap all year round, Black Friday is for chavs.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I will pre-fix this post with the fact that I am a savey buyer and will make sure if im buying something I need I do so at the best price.

However, there is something very "lower class" about all this Black Friday / Sales / Reduced items bullshit. It's so cringey.

I see people in the supermarket all the time 'festering' the reduced section, gorging on their purchase of a lattice steak pie which was reduced to £1.30 becuase it goes out of date tomorrow.

Simularly people falling on the floor infront of news crews, so desperate to save a few bob that they will publically humilate themselves just to get to a 2nd rate TV which they wouldnt look twice at the rest of the year.

You really can't buy class, but if you could, these people would only do so with heavily promoted discount.

Top post sir :lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I heard DFS are having a sale.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The only reason to buy a Xbox is is you cannot live without Halo and Forza or all your friends have one and you want to play online with them. In every other circumstance there is a better option.

The Wii U is the best console if you want to sit on a couch with your friends and play games, it also has the best first part games of any of the consoles and definitely the best fun factor, as well as being the cheapest (£200 from Amazon with two of this years highest rated games and an extra controller).

The PS4 is the best console is you want to play most third party games at a higher resolution with more bells and whistles because it is the highest spec current generation console with a significantly better video card and ram allocation than the Xbox. The visual difference of games between the Xbox and PS4 will only grow larger.

I've been tempted by the Wii U as we currently have a Wii and it's been well used. Basically it's a family Xmas present and almost all my kids friends have an Xbox of some description. They're a bit young for Halo to be honest. I was going to get the Xbox360, but in terms of how long we'll hopefully keep it (I think we've had the Wii 6 years, and will probably still use that) I thought getting a console they can grow into would be money well spent. For the first few years it will probably just be an overpriced 360 basically!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The best part about this horseshit is that almost all of those products which those people are scrambling to buy will be the same price on the 26th December.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ha ha it is getting funny. I'm getting Black Friday deals by email from the most bizarre companies…….Architectural Review subscription Black Friday deals!……DoYouSpain.com Black Friday Spanish Car Hire….Boardsdirect.co.uk Black Friday presentation boards….Havwoods Flooring Black Friday floor deals……Cadsoft Solutions Ltd Black Friday CAD software deals……….

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why Black Friday? I don't get it.

It's Yank thing. It's the day after Thanks Giving which is like a Bank Holiday, and this is when everyone started Christmas shopping with discounts. In 1966 it caused chaos and police started calling it Black Friday to put people off going to the shops. It didn't work but the name remained.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
These people have no sense of perspective or shame it seems:

bbc.jpg

Meanwhile elsewhere in the world:

foodaid.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex