Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Friday sales

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
The first 10 people coming out of Sainsbury's, this morning were all carrying TV's.

£149.99 for the 40 inch Blankput (sp)
£89.99 for the 32 inch Celcus :shrug:

90 quid for a 32" HD LED Freeview TV with a years guarantee.
It seemed rude not to buy one.

Guarantee u'll be taking the celcus back ............poor quality always going wrong

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Police called to 'Black Friday' supermarket crowds

Police have been called to more than 10 UK supermarkets amid crowd surges as people hunt for "Black Friday" offers.
Greater Manchester Police appealed for calm after attending five Tesco stores, making "at least two" arrests, and a Trafford store was closed shortly after the sale began at 00:01 GMT on Friday.
Police went to three Tescos and an Asda in London, and South Wales Police were called to a number of Tesco stores.
Originating in the US, Black Friday is becoming a major UK shopping day.
Police in Manchester tweeted: "At least two people arrested at #BlackFriday sales events already this morning. Keep calm people!"
In London, police were called by both Tesco staff and queuing shoppers as people gathered at the Glover Drive store in Edmonton.
Officers also attended Tesco stores in Willesden and Surrey Quays and an Asda in Edgware at around midnight.
The Metropolitan Police said officers worked with staff to "ensure that sale-goers were able to enter and exit the stores safely", and said no-one had been injured "as a result of the overcrowding".
In South Wales, police said they were called by concerned staff at a number of Tesco stores.
A spokesman said officers were twice called to Tesco in Excelsior Road, Cardiff, just after midnight, when concerns were raised about customer conduct inside the shop. No arrests were made.
Black Friday - historically the big sales day in America that follows the Thanksgiving holiday - has been adopted by an increasing number of shops in the UK.
It was brought over by online store Amazon four years ago after internet shoppers noticed the US got the best deals.
Tesco has previously said it expects Black Friday to beat Boxing Day sales in 2014.
Its 24-hour stores began selling a minute after midnight, and extra staff have been laid on in some areas.

That article on the BBC website is accompanied by a photo clearly showing Jose Mourinho in the middle of the baying mob at Tesco's in Cardiff. Very surprising, I thought he shopped at Matalan :ohmy:

_79356587_tesco2.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Except don't buy an xbox one as it's objectively the worst current generation console.

I think most initial reviews have been updated in the 12 months since it's original release to suggest, subjectively at least, that it has greatly improved with various firmware updates, and better integration with UK tv systems such as Freeview, Sky, Virgin Tivo and BT, and is now a level pegging competitor with the PS4.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I bagged an Xbox One with COD Advanced warfare for £265

It's saying they still have stock at 24/7 Electronics...http://www.247electronics.co.uk/

Amazon also have an Xbox One with the same game coming on at 10.30am this morning. Probably going to be £280 judging by their previous deals.

Amazon are including Forza 5 digital download in their bundle, so £280 would still be a decent price.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Amazon are including Forza 5 digital download in their bundle, so £280 would still be a decent price.

Yep, still some very good deals. They've also got one with Marvel and Minecraft which at the right price might be even better than the one I've bagged, especially since my eldest is only 10 and isn't going to be able to play COD! Minecraft is only £15 though...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As the club only just seem to have put it on the website, some people may not know that everything in the shop is 20% off today. Useful for people like me with two kits to buy for nephews.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Went to the shop today to by half ounce of Baccy charged me same as yesterdayBlack Friday seems to be a swizz

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How long before we start celebrating thanksgiving the day before like all the other Americanisms which we have to put up with in our lives. Can't wait to start celebrating the US defeat of the British.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
OK, page four and no-one has complained this is American bollocks. Which it is. Unless you all celebrated Thanksgiving and have the day off today? Which of course would also be bollocks.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
OK, page four and no-one has complained this is American bollocks. Which it is. Unless you all celebrated Thanksgiving and have the day off today? Which of course would also be bollocks.

I ordered online from the comfort of my chair and saved about £60. I'm not complaining! :)

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Exactly. It's only a bargain if you need it. Quite frankly this whole Black Friday thing passes me by. Another "day" that has crept into our culture for no reason other than sales.

Exactly, lemmings buying more unnecessary consumer bullshit to fill their homes and lives, or as Renton from Trainspotting always says about Black Friday:

"Choose a f***ing big television, choose an Xbox One with COD Advanced warfare for £265, choose washing machines, choose paying £149.99 for the 40 inch Blankput TV, choose compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose sitting on that couch playing your f***ing XBox One or watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows on your 40" Blankput TV, stuffing f***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose being a Black Friday lemming and buy a f***king XBox, but why would I want to do that?"

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Exactly, lemmings buying more unnecessary consumer bullshit to fill their homes and lives, or as Renton from Trainspotting always says about Black Friday:

"Choose a f***ing big television, choose an Xbox One with COD Advanced warfare for £265, choose washing machines, choose paying £149.99 for the 40 inch Blankput TV, choose compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose sitting on that couch playing your f***ing XBox One or watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows on your 40" Blankput TV, stuffing f***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose being a Black Friday lemming and buy a f***king XBox, but why would I want to do that?"

Your not happy about this Black Friday are you.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Choose your future.

What device did you make this post with!? :wave:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Interesting item on the news this morning. Football stadiums have to pay for police to attend a home game, fact. Why do supermarkets not have to pay police who have to attend 100's of people fighting over 10 cheap TV's. The news crews are there because they know there will be trouble.
Meanwhile I've given up trying for anything.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
What device did you make this post with!? :wave:

I couldn't give a flying fudge about Black Friday one way or the other and I will be nipping over to spAsda at lunchtime to see if there's anything worth buying, although I suspect that all the main booty will be long gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here