Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BIRD is the WORD for UK Christmas number 1 2010 to beat X-Factor

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Worked last year. The flurry of attempts to recreate the same thing this year are pretty embarrassing - especially considering the basic fact that unless there's one single campaign to get behind there is literally no chance of anything even breaking the top 40. The Cage against the Machine thing is a great idea, but as someone else mentioned, there isn't the commercial appeal to propel it anywhere near enough - at least with Rage Against the Machine you tap into old fans and some supposedly angry young fans who think they hate the X Factor (whilst buying their £50 tickets for Green Day and Muse).

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
that live version from 63/64 that for the time im guessing was really out there and different!

That live version is great and I was also thinking it must've been really original at the time. Then I found these:

The Trashmen's version is good but not original.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Worked last year. The flurry of attempts to recreate the same thing this year are pretty embarrassing - especially considering the basic fact that unless there's one single campaign to get behind there is literally no chance of anything even breaking the top 40. The Cage against the Machine thing is a great idea, but as someone else mentioned, there isn't the commercial appeal to propel it anywhere near enough - at least with Rage Against the Machine you tap into old fans and some supposedly angry young fans who think they hate the X Factor (whilst buying their £50 tickets for Green Day and Muse).

Its currently number 6 in the 'live' charts. Its only been a day.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
It may not piss Cowell off but one important thing, it shows we the mass public with a mind of our own won't be told what is good music and what to buy by the soulless industry. Yes you might argue that we are being told what to buy by following this campaign, not true. We are choosing to follow this campaign to get a rediculous song to beat the system. f*** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Have you heard?

Attachments

• 090922_Exp_FMJ.jpg
    090922_Exp_FMJ.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 209

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
[yt]Vm6XWlNvc6k[/yt]

[yt]xO4s56-Krzc[/yt]

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It may not piss Cowell off but one important thing, it shows we the mass public with a mind of our own won't be told what is good music and what to buy by the soulless industry. Yes you might argue that we are being told what to buy by following this campaign, not true. We are choosing to follow this campaign to get a rediculous song to beat the system. f*** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!

But as you say you're all being herded into following one particular song though, so can't see much difference between that and the X-Factor single myself....

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I would like to see this at number 1. Sweet justice.
[yt]mAh--lH0H3U[/yt]

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird
B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a don't you know about the bird?
Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!
Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-
Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Hi, I'm Cullip4. You know there's an issue facing many Brighton fans today that I know concerns a great number of us. According to Gallop Polls: 1 in 12 Brighton fans are unaware that the Bird is the Word. I for one, dream of a Sussex where everybody knows that the Bird is the Word

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird
B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why can't a proper song get to number 1? Where's the campaign for Bohemian Rhapsody gone? A song that genuinely deserves to be Christmas Number 1 (again!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here