Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BIRD is the WORD for UK Christmas number 1 2010 to beat X-Factor

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
How is replacing one terrible song with another improving anything?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its a win win situation for the money machine cowell.

After last year all the X factor teens will be spending mum and dads money even more to try and get x factor to number one. Last year was a one off IMO, we will be stuck with an x factor xmas number one for years to come.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Huh, that's odd. I thought that would be big news. There seems to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece. A headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety. Oh, have you not heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
X Factor will continue to have UK Christmas No.1s ad infinitum until all chavs are ethnically cleansed.

This will be the last X Factor No.1, as from what I've read the plan is to move the show into springtime because of the start of the yank version during this period next year......so no more x factor till 2012, and no more x factor xmas no.1s after this year :clap2:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Thread closed as someone ran to mummy to complain about the bigger boys teasing him.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
By popular demand reopened until a time a mod is troubled again by it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't think anyone who posted on NSC was young enough to actually buy singles, is there anyone over 15 who does this?

Cowell must be a meglomaniac, you'd think he had enough money and would have an interest in making some decent music by now. Having listened to his song choices for One Direction I can only assume he doesn't actually like music.

Anyway who cares what No 1 is at Christmas. Christmas no 1's have been shit as long as there have been charts

CHRISTMAS No.1 HITS, UK XMAS CHART HITS

I didn't think anyone who posted on NSC was young enough to actually buy singles, is there anyone over 15 who does this?

Cowell must be a meglomaniac, you'd think he had enough money and would have an interest in making some decent music by now. Having listened to his song choices for One Direction I can only assume he doesn't actually like music.

Anyway who cares what No 1 is at Christmas. Christmas no 1's have been shit as long as there have been charts

CHRISTMAS No.1 HITS, UK XMAS CHART HITS

I must confess that last year I bought the RATM song, but that was the first one in about 15 years (I'm 26) and my last one ever I suspect.

You've got to hand it to Cowell, the man's a ruddy genius. He gets paid by ITV (or is there a seperate production company?) to run the X factor, which is effectively him promoting artists that are tied to him, meaning that he then gets paid a load more money by Sony for selling shitloads of records off the back of it!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Where I agree that Cowell turns any form of publicity to his advantage (or tries too), it was great to see his face at the xmas no 1 last year. He really thought that he had a god given right for his act to get to number 1.

So for that reason.............The bird is the word!

I'm in!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The original Trashmen version is a proper song and a good representation of 60s garage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here