Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BIRD is the WORD for UK Christmas number 1 2010 to beat X-Factor

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Because it's a terrible song that WE have chosen to put to No 1, not the moronic chavs that have to be told what to buy by the industry.

Ummmmmm, you're buying this because YOU'VE been told to!

People buy the xfactor because they WANT to. They aren't in a campaign.

A campaign, in theory, defeats it's own purpose of rebellion.

Either way, I'm not buying a song I already own. It doesn't stop sales of the xfactor single. It didn't halt xfactor releasing an Xmas single this year and it won't next. It's beyond pointless

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

People buy the xfactor because they WANT to. They aren't in a campaign.

A campaign, in theory, defeats it's own purpose of rebellion.

I think you might be wasting your time matey.
These people buying a 'protest' song are being manipulated even more than X Factor fans. But of course they are too stupid to see it - probably a product of our enlightened graduate eduction.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Or it could just be a bit of fun.

Personaly if I had my choice, this song would be Crimbo number one EVERY year!

[yt]pqikUDV9r6c[/yt]

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I think you might be wasting your time matey.
These people buying a 'protest' song are being manipulated even more than X Factor fans. But of course they are too stupid to see it - probably a product of our enlightened graduate eduction.

This times 1000. However I suspect that the number of "alternative" campaigns (BITW, original Biffy & the four minute silence one) will split the protest vote and hand the no. 1 to Cowell.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
god you people are DULL, its just abit of fun you miserble bastards!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm in for this. It's not about the money, Simon Cowell will have made way more on the phone votes over the past few weeks than he will on single sales, it will however seriously dent his ego to not get the xmas no.1 spot 2 years running.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't believe people genuinely intend to deny one corporation money by giving it to a different corporation - FFS just give some dosh to a charity and feel good about yourself. As for "the christmas number one" none are good enough that you will want to keep playing them into the new year so why bother at all? It may be " a bit of fun" (probably by the same people, although not quite in the same league, as student funding protests) but in my opinion it is ineffably stupid.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm in for this. It's not about the money, Simon Cowell will have made way more on the phone votes over the past few weeks than he will on single sales, it will however seriously dent his ego to not get the xmas no.1 spot 2 years running.

But it is about YOUR money

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom

People buy the xfactor because they WANT to. They aren't in a campaign

No no no no no :facepalm:

Of course they're in a campaign, it's run by Cowell's production company. On the whole people buy the x-factor because they're uneducated, musically. They feel that the only music available is what is put in front of them by the industry instead of discovering their own little gems etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
god you people are DULL, its just abit of fun you miserble bastards!

What a MAD MAD exciting life you must have in comparison to the rest of us miserable sods!!

*jealous*

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No no no no no :facepalm:

Of course they're in a campaign, it's run by Cowell's production company. On the whole people buy the x-factor because they're uneducated, musically. They feel that the only music available is what is put in front of them by the industry instead of discovering their own little gems etc.

:lol:There are SO MANY contradictions in this one post that i can't even be bothered to list fully.

How do you not know everyone has there own 'little gems'? surely the only way you would know they are being purchased is if they appear in the chart (proving record sales), thus mainstreaming them, thus turning them to the exact opposite of what you believe they represent?

No-one has told me to buy the xfactor single, and i wont.
People are telling me to buy the other single. There's the difference.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's a shame that the song used for this couldn't be something by Wagner, or Bun and Cheese. Now that would make me smile if either pipped Twatt Cardle's song to number one.

Bun-and-Cheese.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here