Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bike train to the Amex - 21st April

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I don't know (I gave up my push bike when I packed in my paper round like normal people do) but I assume a bike train is just a load of hippies in a convoy of push bikes? If so daft idea, all you'll end up doing is pissing off the road users who have much more of a right to be there having paid road tax or cab/bus fair.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I don't know (I gave up my push bike when I packed in my paper round like normal people do) but I assume a bike train is just a load of hippies in a convoy of push bikes? If so daft idea, all you'll end up doing is pissing off the road users who have much more of a right to be there having paid road tax or cab/bus fair.

Brilliant.

Do you read the Daily Mail at all?

I think you'd like it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hope the weathers ok for you again

Nude+Bike+Ride.jpg

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
With drivel like I'm not sure he can read.

If we're going with pointless arguments, then pedal bikes have been using a road network longer than the motorised vehicle, therefore they should have more rights.

Perhaps they have a spoken word version of the Daily Mail which is distributed?

If we are really honest then Romans walking in groups should be given priority over everybody, as they built a lot of the roads. Way before pesky bicycles were invevnted.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Ride assembles at The Level at 1.00pm (leaves prompt at 1.30pm)

Get to the Amex just in time to hear the final whistle then, no that's not the cycle train it's all the P&R busses held up in the traffic chaos!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can you get nicked for drink cycling ?

Yes, it almost happened to me but luckily the officer used a bit of common sense, and let me carry on!

Think he was winding you up, old chap, there is no offence under the Road Traffic Act of riding a bike whilst over the prescribed limit.

They might offer you the advice to get off and walk, rather than risk being killed as you weave into the path of an oncoming vehicle, but they can't actually arrest you for it because there is no designated alcohol limit when it comes to cyclists. There are a few archaic cycling offences which I suppose could be thrown your way if you were all over the road, or perhaps a simple drunk & disorderly if it fitted the bill, but ultimately it comes down to your own, sweet, common sense and desire not to get potted by the next 4x4 that comes down the road.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
7. Enjoy the £30 extra surcharge next season

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Cycle to the Amex for the Birmingham City game - 21st April.

There is a 'bike train' running to the Albion for the Birmingham City game.
Six good reasons to take part:

1. The club are supporting it and offering a decent prize to one lucky cyclist.
2. Cycling is a great way to get door to door to the Amex hassle free.
3. It is hoped that cycling in large groups will encourage other people of all ages to cycle to matches in safety.
4. Strengthen the cycling experience along the Lewes Road by creating a positive cycling experience.
5. Create a safe, fun, pre-match celebratory activity (and post activity if we win!).
6. What a great way to keep fit.
Ride assembles at The Level at 1.00pm (leaves prompt at 1.30pm)
Feel free to join us on the way!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

you'd better not be going down falmer road in groups, I don't mind telling you..

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Road tax hasn't existed since the 1930's.

I Pay Road Tax

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
all you'll end up doing is pissing off the road users who have much more of a right to be there having paid road tax or cab/bus fair.

Bit of a crap argument given we all contribute to road tax one way or another.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Brilliant.

Do you read the Daily Mail at all?

I think you'd like it.

It's ok, more of an Express man myself.

With drivel like I'm not sure he can read.

If we're going with pointless arguments, then pedal bikes have been using a road network longer than the motorised vehicle, therefore they should have more rights.

Yes, but we aren't talking about the past are we, we're talking about a couple of weeks time. Cyclists are nuisance, should be made to pay tax, should have to have their bikes checked like an MOT annually and they should have to pass a test like all the other road users. When the inevitable happens and they choose to ignore the highway code as EVERY cyclist does then the police would have the power to take away licence.

Perhaps they have a spoken word version of the Daily Mail which is distributed?

If we are really honest then Romans walking in groups should be given priority over everybody, as they built a lot of the roads. Way before pesky bicycles were invevnted.

See above

Road tax hasn't existed since the 1930's.

I Pay Road Tax

Ditto

Bit of a crap argument given we all contribute to road tax one way or another.

But then you could say that about everything that gets paid for out of the tax pot. You can count on one hand the amount of times I've been in a hospital does that mean I should demand allot of income tax back?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
It's ok, more of an Express man myself.

Yes, but we aren't talking about the past are we, we're talking about a couple of weeks time. Cyclists are nuisance, should be made to pay tax, should have to have their bikes checked like an MOT annually and they should have to pass a test like all the other road users. When the inevitable happens and they choose to ignore the highway code as EVERY cyclist does then the police would have the power to take away licence.

But then you could say that about everything that gets paid for out of the tax pot. You can count on one hand the amount of times I've been in a hospital does that mean I should demand allot of income tax back?

Why not lobby your MP for a change in the law then? If 'road' tax (which doesn't exist, as pointed out already) was applied to bikes under the current rules as Vehicle Excise Duty then it'd be free anyway. I'd happily add a free sticker to my bike every year. I'd also happily take the (currently non-existent) test and have a license, but as I say THERE ISN'T ONE! People cycling without these things are doing so perfectly legally - if you don't like it then campaign to change things as you would with any other law.

No, you can't have any tax back because you haven't been to hospital. Again, if you want it changed (which I'm fairly confident you don't) then get onto your MP about it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Er, no. I never said anything about refunds. My point is that we all contribute to the roads via different means. Some direct, some not direct i.e. none of us have more right due to paying road tax..they are public highways after all.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Cyclists are nuisance, should be made to pay tax

This argument is really the classic uninformed idiot response to anything to do with bicycles. I have presented myself with bicycle down Bartholomew Square for my council tax rebate, and HRMC were more than happy to give me all my income tax back too, although they did require a polaroid picture of me on a bicycle to verify my claim. Seriously, I am 25% better off than all my driving friends just for owning a bicycle, you really should look in to it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why not lobby your MP for a change in the law then? If 'road' tax (which doesn't exist, as pointed out already) was applied to bikes under the current rules as Vehicle Excise Duty then it'd be free anyway. I'd happily add a free sticker to my bike every year. I'd also happily take the (currently non-existent) test and have a license, but as I say THERE ISN'T ONE! People cycling without these things are doing so perfectly legally - if you don't like it then campaign to change things as you would with any other law.

No, you can't have any tax back because you haven't been to hospital. Again, if you want it changed (which I'm fairly confident you don't) then get onto your MP about it!

Can't be f***ed if I'm being honest!

This argument is really the classic uninformed idiot response to anything to do with bicycles. I have presented myself with bicycle down Bartholomew Square for my council tax rebate, and HRMC were more than happy to give me all my income tax back too, although they did require a polaroid picture of me on a bicycle to verify my claim. Seriously, I am 25% better off than all my driving friends just for owning a bicycle, you really should look in to it.

So not only are you freeloading, us motorists are actually paying you do so!?! The wonder this country is in the state it's in.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So not only are you freeloading, us motorists are actually paying you do so!?! The wonder this country is in the state it's in.

Thank you for all your hard earned money xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here