Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bike train to the Amex - 21st April

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Cycle to the Amex for the Birmingham City game - 21st April.

There is a 'bike train' running to the Albion for the Birmingham City game.
Six good reasons to take part:

1. The club are supporting it and offering a decent prize to one lucky cyclist.
2. Cycling is a great way to get door to door to the Amex hassle free.
3. It is hoped that cycling in large groups will encourage other people of all ages to cycle to matches in safety.
4. Strengthen the cycling experience along the Lewes Road by creating a positive cycling experience.
5. Create a safe, fun, pre-match celebratory activity (and post activity if we win!).
6. What a great way to keep fit.
Ride assembles at The Level at 1.00pm (leaves prompt at 1.30pm)
Feel free to join us on the way!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Very tempting to do! Will depend on the weather!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Great way to clog the transport system up :facepalm:

I would also point out that at the end of the season people may be inclined to have a few beers.

You can be convicted of drunken cycling.

By the way, I hate cyclists! :smiley:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Great way to clog the transport system up :facepalm:

And a stream of cars takes up so much less space and uses less fuel?

Double-Facepalm.jpg

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I thought a man train would be more your kind of thing :moo:

Any chance to see men in lycra and I am there :moo: man train would have been ideal! Maybe next season :moo:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This went sailing past me on Lewes Road before the Middlesbrough game, got to say I thought it was a daft idea and stand by it. I do cycle, and I do think the cycle lanes on Lewes Road need to be used more, to justify the ridiculous cost of them in the first place. But the bike train isn't the way. Enforced cycling isn't the answer.

All the best to those who are up for it though, and I'll wave to you all when you go trundling past next time. :thumbsup:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
It's time Brighton grew some bollocks and closed the entire centre to petrol vehicles. Cities all round the world have done it (eg Groningen, Ghent, etc) and have tripled their turnover as a result, yet we - with a supposed Green-led (anyone with an IQ in double digits knows the greens have always just been the BNP in sandals) council - still allow c**ts in cars to drive into the centre? The sooner that stops the better. Pedestrianise everything from Preston Circus (north) to Palmeira Square (west) and the Royal Sussex (east) and we might finally have a city worth living in. Can't see it happening any day soon with these brainless eco-liars in power
:(

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's time Brighton grew some bollocks and closed the entire centre to petrol vehicles. Cities all round the world have done it (eg Groningen, Ghent, etc) and have tripled their turnover as a result, yet we - with a supposed Green-led (anyone with an IQ in double digits knows the greens have always just been the BNP in sandals) council - still allow c**ts in cars to drive into the centre? The sooner that stops the better. Pedestrianise everything from Preston Circus (north) to Palmeira Square (west) and the Royal Sussex (east) and we might finally have a city worth living in. Can't see it happening any day soon with these brainless eco-liars in power

Jesus, where does anyone start with such a load of old bollocks? :facepalm:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Great suggestion, I only hope we have some very fit paramedics, because carrying heart attack victims and others on stretchers, from anywhere in Brighton and Hove may cause a few more deaths.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
This went sailing past me on Lewes Road before the Middlesbrough game, got to say I thought it was a daft idea and stand by it. I do cycle, and I do think the cycle lanes on Lewes Road need to be used more, to justify the ridiculous cost of them in the first place. But the bike train isn't the way. Enforced cycling isn't the answer.

All the best to those who are up for it though, and I'll wave to you all when you go trundling past next time. :thumbsup:

It isn't enforced cycling though, is it? There's no compulsion to cycle, and no compulsion to join the bike train if you do choose to ride.

It's setting up a scheme to help those who don't cycle to games to do so in a way that might make them feel safer. It's fewer cars in the Park & Ride, fewer bodies on the already busy trains and buses. If people can learn to do this now it might make journeys easier for everyone once another 8,000 people try to do it in the next couple of years.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Great suggestion, I only hope we have some very fit paramedics, because carrying heart attack victims and others on stretchers, from anywhere in Brighton and Hove may cause a few more deaths.

For some reason the emergency services have traffic exemptions under certain circumstances...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Alternatively meet at Preston Park to join the conga line to the stadium, with free maracas for everyone.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Cycle to the Amex for the Birmingham City game - 21st April.

There is a 'bike train' running to the Albion for the Birmingham City game.
Six good reasons to take part:

1. The club are supporting it and offering a decent prize to one lucky cyclist.
2. Cycling is a great way to get door to door to the Amex hassle free.
3. It is hoped that cycling in large groups will encourage other people of all ages to cycle to matches in safety.
4. Strengthen the cycling experience along the Lewes Road by creating a positive cycling experience.
5. Create a safe, fun, pre-match celebratory activity (and post activity if we win!).
6. What a great way to keep fit.
Ride assembles at The Level at 1.00pm (leaves prompt at 1.30pm)
Feel free to join us on the way!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

saw a leaflet about this at the Boro game. great idea. i will be joining! nice cold pint in the Caroline of Brunswick or the Druids (avoiding the Bat & Ball and the Northern Star) then Bike Train to the ground. job done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here