Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest attendance quickest exit

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Thing is mate you don't ****ing leave with nearly 20 mins to go ,
these people will be shouting and screaming from the rooftops if we get to the playoffs
wont they and crying like little girls coz they haven't got enough loyalty points to get first dibs on Wembley tickets.

Have they changed the rules on loyalty points then?
I always thought you got them by actually buying a ticket and going, not by staying till the very end.

D

Deleted User X18H

I always thought you got them by actually buying a ticket and going, not by staying till the very end.

That's a great idea make people scan out and penalise them later.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013

Nothing to do with actually going, is it? Buy, buy, buy - no need to go, go, go.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
It kind of does though. A full Amex with 5 minutes to go roaring the team on to get a goal back has to help the team. It emptying on 80 minutes because we're losing seems to be the very definition of plastic. 'Ive come to watch Brighton win but they're not playing well so I'm going home'. And people wonder why the Amex isn't a fortress.

Every week people come on here and claim some excuse that they have to leave at that point to make it home to see their dying grandmother or something. 15,000 of them all with these pressing needs to get home. Funny how they don't seem to have them when we're winning.

"I don't live in Sussex' is another one we always hear. Were you not aware that the Amex was in Sussex then? Did you not realise how far it was from your house until half way through the game? Why bother coming if it's too far to watch the whole game? There must be other clubs closer where you could enjoy the full 90 minutes.

Every ground has early leavers these days mainly due to the different demographic of football fans in today's sterile Americanised game, but the Amex has to be the worst in the country. It would really piss me off if I was Oscar. If the fans give up, why shouldn't the players?

The players gave up a lot earlier than the last five minutes, they are professionals and so is Garcia I could not care less if they were as you said pissed off, it's their job to win and entertain and they failed. People pay their money and can do what they like, if the players perform and entertain people will stay.
People like you regularly trot out the term plastics, whenever I look over at that hotbed of support the North Stand it's nearly always a third empty before and after half time and yesterday it was half empty well before the end. As for plastics the best support given today were a bunch of children, mainly girls, in the south stand who did not stop singing for the whole game.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
As for plastics the best support given today were a bunch of children, mainly girls, in the south stand who did not stop singing for the whole game.

Yeah I thought they were excellent, seemed to be two pockets of kids having a good old sing song, top marks to them. W1A was a bit noisier than usual but emptied suddenly. And the emptying of the ground wasn't in the last 3-4 mins it was at about 80 mins (so at least 15 mins before the end of the game as there was 5 minutes held up but about 7 mins extra played - how many goals in the last 10 mins in the wigan v yeovil game midweek?!!).

Regardless of reasons the emptying of the ground is a real embaressment to us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
we're also suffering from the perception that the transport is terrible (so non STHs will have in their mind 'must get away early if I can' - ie if I think there is no chance of winning) when in fact it has improved massively now.

Perception?

I guess it depends on the mode of transport. I was walking onto the SW concourse as the final whistle went and walked up by the P&R queues which were longer than I have ever seen. Thankfully I gave up on P&R 2 seasons ago but if I had to put up with that I'd sure as hell be leaving early to get ahead of it

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Regardless of reasons the emptying of the ground is a real embaressment to us.

Pretty well every ground I think I've ever been to fans will start leaving early with the home team trailing by 2 or more, and most with better transport or location than ours. I think a 2-0 home loss is more embarrassing, not that it's a word I'd use to describe my feelings anyway

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The worst early exit for me, was on the last domestic game of last season, Wolves, when we had qualified for the playoffs, and the players did their lap of honour around the pitch and the stadium was half empty. Most people had legged it for the train queue or whatever, and the support for cheering on the players was dismal, even after we did the unthinkable and finished 4th with potential promotion up for grabs. Even many of the Wolves fans stayed to clap.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
People like you regularly trot out the term plastics

It's actually probably my most hated term in football. Just in front of 'tinpot'.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Pretty well every ground I think I've ever been to fans will start leaving early with the home team trailing by 2 or more, and most with better transport or location than ours. I think a 2-0 home loss is more embarrassing, not that it's a word I'd use to describe my feelings anyway

Most ??? Outside some London clubs I struggle to think of many with better transport than we have with 25k+ crowds

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The players gave up a lot earlier than the last five minutes, they are professionals and so is Garcia I could not care less if they were as you said pissed off, it's their job to win and entertain and they failed. People pay their money and can do what they like, if the players perform and entertain people will stay.
People like you regularly trot out the term plastics, whenever I look over at that hotbed of support the North Stand it's nearly always a third empty before and after half time and yesterday it was half empty well before the end. As for plastics the best support given today were a bunch of children, mainly girls, in the south stand who did not stop singing for the whole game.

I'd agree with the bit in bold ..i was impressed

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agreed its a moronic and lazy term used to massage the egos of people who need to think they are better than others.

I don't really understand why it's an insult. No team 50,000 die hard fans that go every week. Most people have other commitments outside of football, and the ones that don't are usually a bit odd. I don't see the problem with someone going to watch their team only a couple of times a season. What I don't understand, is them not wanting to watch the whole match.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I don't really understand why it's an insult. No team 50,000 die hard fans that go every week. Most people have other commitments outside of football, and the ones that don't are usually a bit odd. I don't see the problem with someone going to watch their team only a couple of times a season. What I don't understand, is them not wanting to watch the whole match.
Well it's not said as a compliment is it? Most of the ones I see that leave on a regular basis are older people or mums and dads with young children, mass exodus is usually reserved for a poor performance again I can understand.
I think the others are the ones beating the perceived crush for the trains. Having left early, once or twice, after the final whistle( majority) or an hour later I have found it makes no difference to queuing time, in fact the longest wait I had was an hour after waiting for the crowds to go after having a drink in the concourse.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good grief there's some self righteous bollocks on this thread. Lets face it, we were not going to score yesterday if we'd kept playing until midnight! Once Ipswich had got their second there was no way on earth we were going to get even close to a point. If people want to go, then so bloody what.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here