Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest attendance quickest exit

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Where do you live?

Why does it matter where I live?
If you are going to say that some people live outside of Sussex they need to leave early for this reason did they not think about this when they brought their ticket?
Maybe they could contact the club and the FL to ask if we can arrange earlier kick off times to accommodate them,
Then again they will start moaning when they arrive 10 mins in to the first half due to having to leave home earlier and missing the end of Saturday kitchen]

Seems like the comment "they should think about it before buying" suggests they shouldn't buy it in the first place. I'm sure the club would be delighted with that and personally I've got nothing but admiration for the thousands that make these "long" trips

Your other comments about kick off times and Saturday kitchen are just daft because your whole argument has no validity and if anyone is doing the moaning it's you

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seems like the comment "they should think about it before buying" suggests they shouldn't buy it in the first place. I'm sure the club would be delighted with that and personally I've got nothing but admiration for the thousands that make these "long" trips

Your other comments about kick off times and Saturday kitchen are just daft because your whole argument has no validity and if anyone is doing the moaning it's you
I admire the commitment these fans make what I'm saying is that they should take into account travel times back from a home game before buying a ticket and expecting to be home within a hour after the final whistle,on average I look at being home within 2 and a hours to 3 hours after the final whistle,l leave the stand when the last player leaves the pitch regardless of the result or performance.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
It's up to the players to create the atmosphere. People pay money to be entertained.

If a team isn't entertaining or performing and you're expecting the fans to be the ones to create the atmosphere then that's a warped situation.

Sorry but whilst I agree with you to an extent I think that as a support we almost have an obligation to urge the team on ~ and that includes when we are not playing well. Do you REALLY think that we should only cheer and start singing when the game is going our way? Because if so, and with respect, that ain't being what a footie fan is about in my book!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sorry but whilst I agree with you to an extent I think that as a support we almost have an obligation to urge the team on ~ and that includes when we are not playing well. Do you REALLY think that we should only cheer and start singing when the game is going our way? Because if so, and with respect, that ain't being what a footie fan is about in my book!

He's Australian mate, he wouldn't understand 'soccer'.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can't be arsed to read the whole thread, no problem with people leaving early if the football on offer is poor or beyond the team to gain anything. You will see this every week watching the premiershite so why should we be any different. Uber fans need to chill out and stop blowing ' I stayed to the very end ' trumpet as it gets a tad boring

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can't be arsed to read the whole thread, no problem with people leaving early if the football on offer is poor or beyond the team to gain anything. You will see this every week watching the premiershite so why should we be any different. Uber fans need to chill out and stop blowing ' I stayed to the very end ' trumpet as it gets a tad boring

You do see it every week in the Premier League, but I honestly think the Amex is the worst ground in the country for it.

I don't understand this 'It's up to the players to entertain us before we start creating an atmosphere' argument. It's up to the FANS to make the Amex a formidable place for opposition players to come to. It's up to the PLAYERS to do their job on the pitch. If both parties put the effort in every time then the Amex would be a better place.

Think of all the really good home atmospheres around the world- Dortmund, , Besiktas, Liverpool etc. Do their fans say 'the team need to play well and then we'll bother, but if we're not winning then we'll all piss off home with 15 minutes to go'?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When I do go to games I stay until the end and sing for the full 90 minutes. Better than 99.9% of the Amex.

So boycotting games is being a good supporter is it ?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
You do see it every week in the Premier League, but I honestly think the Amex is the worst ground in the country for it.

I don't understand this 'It's up to the players to entertain us before we start creating an atmosphere' argument. It's up to the FANS to make the Amex a formidable place for opposition players to come to. It's up to the PLAYERS to do their job on the pitch. If both parties put the effort in every time then the Amex would be a better place.

Think of all the really good home atmospheres around the world- Dortmund, , Besiktas, Liverpool etc. Do their fans say 'the team need to play well and then we'll bother, but if we're not winning then we'll all piss off home with 15 minutes to go'?

You should be watching the Aston villa game, they pissed off far earlier. We do not have the worst fans in the country by far. I stay to the end, but when the second went it, I knew it was game over. I don't think that makes me a better fan. Maybe they just don't want to stand surrounded by the away fans taking the p1ss, which is what happens to me by the time I get to the train queue. It's not great believe me and if people leave early for this or any other reason I would not blame them.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Did you watch the Villa game today almost completely empty apart from the Stoke fans well before the end, it isn't just us

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Gettin' mighty confused as to strength levels of supporting (not that it will in any way change my thoughts on it) but does a fan who goes home and away come hell or high water but leaves early from the home games hold any more gravitas than someone who goes when they can but stays till the floodlights go off? Genuine question. May need to design a points table to assess this.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
When I attend a game I actually support the team, I don't sit there quietly munching on a pie and then fu*k off after 80 minutes.

You'd think a Uni student would actually know to answer the question !

So let me see, a STH spends around £400 a year, buys a pie and a pint for 23 matches but leaves at 80 minutes BUT because you spend out on say two tickets and stay a WHOLE 96 minutes on each of those two occasions YOU are the UBER fan ??

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You'd think a Uni student would actually know to answer the question !

So let me see, a STH spends around £400 a year, buys a pie and a pint for 23 matches but leaves at 80 minutes BUT because you spend out on say two tickets and stay a WHOLE 96 minutes on each of those two occasions YOU are the UBER fan ??

Fans =/= Customers.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
It could be the people leaving are more loyal. The fact that they can't stay to watch, in itself shows it is too much to take. As we know in the war people were made to watch things they didn't want to see as a form of torture. I myself stayed, but I really couldn't give a toss when other people leave, and I don't really notice because i'm watching the game. Rather than chanting at those leaving, which is probably worse for the players than everyone of us leaving. Watch the game and get behind the team. Do you really think the players are stopping to think about the fans leaving?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Fans =/= Customers.

It's rather pathetic that you can't explain how you BOYCOTTING games makes you more of a fan than those that just decide to leave early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here