Big Ron Manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
all i can say is i'm glad i'm not a peterborough supporter.

Fry hasn't a clue how to manage people, the highlight being slagging all his players off to camera saying that the only reason they are here is because they are losers and no one else would have them!

The only one that comes out in any positive light is big Ron. He seems to know how to talk to players and staff.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
magoo said:
all i can say is i'm glad i'm not a peterborough supporter.

Fry hasn't a clue how to manage people, the highlight being slagging all his players off to camera saying that the only reason they are here is because they are losers and no one else would have them!

The only one that comes out in any positive light is big Ron. He seems to know how to talk to players and staff.

Before Sky started filming Bleo Posh had won 4 out 5 games and were play-off contenders - we finished nowhere.

Before the programme was screened we had won 3 of our opening games and drawn the other. Subsequently we have drawn one and lost the last three, conceding nine goals in the process (five last night).

Of course, it could be coincidence...

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Ex Shelton Seagull said:

Sean St Ledger throwing an almighty Hendo style flounce after being told he'd be playing right-back against Macclesfield. Walks off from training and then tells the camera that Bleasdale shows him "no respect, innit" in that hilarious Compton-meets-Fens accent of his.

He's got one of those faces that needs a slap and that Crow!

Tank cant believe how many players run off to the chairman because they arent playing!! Unbelievable!

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
El Presidente said:
Steve Melton?

No, none of the above. I think he was at Derby before.
He's the physio with a face like a bag of spanners in the Peterboro' dressing room (featured more last week when they were trying to establish the fitness level of one of their players)and used to hare down the right wing in ankle high white boots between 1974 and 1976 (seems like yesterday!).

I'm truly shocked and amazed that no one can remember the awful, yet somehow comic Jim Walker (he was certainly no Wally Gould or even Howard Wilkinson - think more Jim Oliver and your getting close - shortly before him in that position), as he's so instantly recogniseable.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Classic episode when the manager walked out. I downloaded it last night. St Ledger is a primadonna twat. I wouldn't want that sort of thing shown on TV if it was my club

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
BUTTERBALL said:
SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forgot this was on now. Missed first 20 mins and forgot to Skyplus it.

Hope it's repeated on Sky2 tomorrow! :eek:

It will be, its the last one at Peterborough this week, next week I think he's at Swindon.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
seagully said:
Bet they loved that at Swindon. Big Ron was a bit of a legend at Oxford wasn't he?

This is just a one off episode when Iffy Onoura was in charge, he got the boot after that, so thats 2 clubs where his in put saw off the manager!!!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Race said:
This is just a one off episode when Iffy Onoura was in charge, he got the boot after that, so thats 2 clubs where his in put saw off the manager!!!

:lolol:

Good old big fat Ron! Maybe we should get him as our new boss

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely superb show - I watched the last two back-to-back. Fry in the dressing room telling St Ledger "all the f***ing aggro you've caused, I can't f***ing WAIT to sell ya"
:lolol:

And hows this for irony. Rons there doing his pre-match team talk, and one of their black players is sitting there wearing a "Lets kick racism out of football" t-shirt. Nice one.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Sean St Ledger throwing an almighty Hendo style flounce after being told he'd be playing right-back against Macclesfield. Walks off from training and then tells the camera that Bleasdale shows him "no respect, ... "

.....and then proceeds to call his manager a pr*** !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope. St Ledger now plys his trade in The Championship with Preston North End.
Little shit.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports