Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Ron Manager

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Mouldy Boots said:
Can guy please smuggle a video phone in so we can see a half time team talk.

It's just a fantasy of mine thats all!!

:)

Please

:ohmy: you mean you just want to look at lots of heaving sweaty athletes sitting together in a small room?!!!

No phones allowed so you will just have to use your imagination!

D

Deleted member 2719

Race said:
:ohmy: you mean you just want to look at lots of heaving sweaty athletes sitting together in a small room?!!!

The imagination there alright visually but i would like to here the banter and rants etc!!

Is there a swear box?

And who would fill it?

;)

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Mouldy Boots said:
The imagination there alright visually but i would like to here the banter and rants etc!!

Is there a swear box?

And who would fill it?

;)

No swear box, a bit of effing here and there is allowed or otherwise most would be skint! They get fined for things like mobiles being on and their attire and wearing earrings to work!!

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
does guy often wear your earrings to "work" ?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
On again now - im feeling quite sorry for barry fry - ive always liked the guy!!!

Quite interesting what they said about what has affected revenue

BUT - slight rant: "club in crisis" on the pitch shouldnt really apply to peterbouough, while theyre in the play off places

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
I was more disturbed by the interior of Bazza's house, it was all pink and frilly! Had to laugh at all the food on that table just forthe 2 of them, a bit of salad in a bowl surrounded by a HUGE dish of lasagne and plate of cream cakes!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Race said:
I was more disturbed by the interior of Bazza's house, it was all pink and frilly! Had to laugh at all the food on that table just forthe 2 of them, a bit of salad in a bowl surrounded by a HUGE dish of lasagne and plate of cream cakes!

i noticed that too!!! pink walls AND a pink sofa?!!!!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
ben andrews' girlfriend said:

He was at a wedding with his wife that we went to the other week and she was dressed in a shocking pink outfit (with frills!), I suppose the blame lays with her then!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
even my mum commented on the choice of colour of his living room asking if barry fry liked to bat for the other side.

shamefully I said yes :down:

on another point though, great show, really shows the true insight of what goes on behind the scenes.

bleo is really losing it though, and has no man-management skills whatsoever.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Race said:

I bet there's a few that aren't that sweaty going on our last few games! Whereas Tank I'm sure you just sweat those KFC's straight out:lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
ben andrews' girlfriend said:

perhaps we could send him some of the nobo pink away kit, he could use for curtains

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've always had a soft spot for Barry Fry in as much as he seems to love Brighton fans abusing him. Fond memories of him walking the line of the South Stand conducting the singing of 'Cheer up Barry Fry' and laughing his little cockney tits off. He was always pretty complementary to us in programme notes too.

Probably having grown up in the 70s Mullery era I just have a fondness for managers who talk like car salesmen and aren't afraid to wear a sheepskin though. Both Bazza and Big Ron fall in to this category for me. Real managers. The 'anti-Sven'.

The series is a frightenting look in to the abyss however. How many of us envied Oxford when they got their new stadium, albiet 3 sided? How many of us thought Peterboro were a normal side with minimal problems? And above all how many football league owner / chairmen are there really out there who could lose everything along with the fans when the club goes under? Especially if 'everything' includes wall tops shaped like 70's football and more chintz than the Thatcher's retirement home.

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
PILTDOWN MAN said:
Whereas Tank I'm sure you just sweat those KFC's straight out:lolol:

He sweats just thinking about it!

I said to Butts that sitting there in the dressing room after a match watching the manager blow a gasket and spit everywhere would make me want to giggle, but he assures me that after working your nuts off and losing you dont giggle. Oh. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here