Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Ron Manager

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I believe it truly shows how poorly run some football clubs are. When Big Ron mentioned a golf day the general manager was almost jumping up and down saying that something like that doesn't happen around here. God sake that type of fund raising been around for ages. The whole club seems to run like a small village sunday team, that I find unreal. They do not appear to have a serious business management structure, no wonder Bazza's pink palace is going tits up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Race said:
He sweats just thinking about it!

I said to Butts that sitting there in the dressing room after a match watching the manager blow a gasket and spit everywhere would make me want to giggle, but he assures me that after working your nuts off and losing you dont giggle. Oh. :blush:

That as maybe but in all honesty the respect shown to the gaffer by those ungratefull gits (in the show), its no wonder a manager blows a gasket. Most of those Boro players acted like spoilt kids. Sometimes they need to be told that they are privileged to be able to play football for living but also infact they aren't the stars their ego's suggest. It believe it showed that a lot of players have no respect for anyone and now with all these outside people (advisors,agents,mentors,vicars your name it their there) it has made a run of the meal managers job almost impossible. Its like a school teacher, if they tell a kid off, he runs home tells his dad and before you know it the teachers in all sorts of shit. These days if a manager throws a wobbly, like telling a player he's on the bench, no end of advisors instruct the player to withdraw his services.

That forward who muttered as he went of the training ground, in my book would have been sacked there and then and told to f**k off.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
It's all changed now. When Guy was an apprentice he was cuffed round the head by the assistant manager to show all the others that they wernt allowed to retaliate! Can you imagine doing things like that now?! :ohmy:

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Fans having a soft spot for Fatso Fry, what the f***?

We've endured this poncing idiot for 10 (ten) years now.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the poor attitude of the players mind.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
When you're in a battle.....YOU F**KING BATTLE!

:lolol:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Giant Seagull said:
that st ledger fella comes across as a right TWAT

Just a bit!

Lots of naughty sweary words wernt there! :ohmy: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Race said:
Ooooo get you with yer gadget! :)
Wouldn't be without it :thumbsup:

Frys great isn't he. Loved the conversation with Bleasedale while the player in question was still sitting in the office:

"If he's f***ing fit enough to sit on the bench, he's f***ing fit enough to play. You can f***ing start the ****."

:lolol:

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I missed the first 2 as I was on holiday but I thought last nights episode made absolutely compelling TV - can't wait for next weeks.

BTW, I thought that Danny Crow "could do a job", looked a decent striker to me considering he appeared to have very little support.

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
BARRY Fry insists Posh would have gone out of business if he hadn't allowed TV cameras to film a documentary about the club last season.
Sky TV's 'Big Ron, Manager' series is set to show an astonishing catalogue of fights and arguments between players and management which undermined the club's promotion bid.

But Fry claims he has no regrets about allowing the series to go ahead. He has revealed that Posh were paid a life-saving sum close to £200,000 by Sky.

Fry said: "It was either take the money or go bust so I can't have any regrets about the programme no matter how bad it makes us all look.

"I told the players and the management before filming started that it was a 'warts and all' show, but if I hadn't given the go-ahead they would have not have been paid for the final two months of the season."

Sky spent four months filming at London Road on the premise that former Manchester United manager Ron Atkinson would act as a consultant to inexperienced caretaker-manager Steve Bleasdale.

But Bleasdale will claim in the show that Atkinson's presence was a distraction and a hindrance rather than a help.

Other dramatic scenes in the six-programme series include:
A mass dressing room brawl between players after a home defeat.

A ferocious argument between Bleasdale and centre-back Sean St Ledger.

Defender Phil Bolland claiming that 'no-one knows who's running the club'.

Atkinson and Bleasdale rowing after a game before Fry sides with Atkinson.

Fry over-ruling Bleasdale over his non-selection of St Ledger for a key game.

Fry telling Bleasdale that 'it's clear that you don't know what you're doing'.

Bleasdale said: "Atkinson kept challenging my authority in front of the players after promising not to do that. I learned nothing from him and now I am out of work."

Bleasdale eventually quit Posh just 30 minutes before the start of the third last game of last season. He is currently coaching youngsters in the north of England while working towards a Football Association coaching qualifications.

But Fry added: "I wish I'd made Ron the manager and left Steve as his assistant. If the team had picked up better results none of this other stuff would have heppened."

Ironically Atkinson has claimed that he saved Bleasdale from the sack earlier in the season. Atkinson said: "Five weeks before Steve actually left I talked Barry Fry out of sacking Steve. The team had just been beaten and Barry was on the verge of doing something drastic, but I told him to hold fire and sit on it for a while.

"I'm not sure they'll show our conversation in the programme, but one of Steve's biggest problems was his paranoia. He seemed to be paraonoid about everyone and everything.

"But if a club asked me whether or not they should employ Steve, I'd say yes because he's hard working and he has some good training ideas.

"I actually made Steve a promise when I arrived there that I would do nothing behind his back. I don't think he was upset with me when he finally walked out."

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
What a BELTING episode of "Big Ron" last night!

Fry to Bleasdale: "It's clear to me that you don't have a clue what you're doing, so i'll be picking the team Satdee."

Ron finally snapping after Bleasdale tries to keep heads up by telling the players that they're doing really well to be drawing 0-0 with Rochdale. "Steve they ain't even close to 'em."

Sean St Ledger throwing an almighty Hendo style flounce after being told he'd be playing right-back against Macclesfield. Walks off from training and then tells the camera that Bleasdale shows him "no respect, innit" in that hilarious Compton-meets-Fens accent of his.

St Ledger being restored to the team by Fry over Bleasdale's head because there are scouts from Blackburn (!) and Celtic (!!) coming to watch him play.

And, of course, Bleasdales resignation speech. "Just to let you know fellas, I resign. Good luck."

And did anyone else notice Kuipers somewhat erratic goalkeeping for Boston?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Only caught the end of it so will catch up with the repeat tonight but it looked good from what I saw of it!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What a way to resign, hour before a important game infront of cameras and your players. Yeah good luck getting another job after that.
Superb programme tho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here