BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Interesting stuff. Havnt read the whole thread
But never thought football banning orders were justified unless asked for alongside a criminal conviction as they are routinely nowadays or in years ago when these began when police would play catch up and ask for a banning order on previous football related convictions.
Have any of these blokes been found guilty in a criminal court as to what they are accused of?

I find it very concerning the level of punishment that is dished out to guilty football related offences when compared to similar offences or lesser offences that might take place on an average day as it is. Cant help but feel football fans get a far crappier deal when it comes to the justice system compared to everyone else……that in itself should be pause for thought.

For what its worth, solely on the issue of defending yourself, that in itself does not make you a football hooligan or part of a problem. Have had numerous sticky occasions following England away over the years where sometimes there is simply no option of retreating to safety. You simply have to stand up for yourself and also importantly help your mates as well if they are in a similar predicament.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
The Krays were good to their dear ol' Mum and there was no trouble when they were about... Everyone that gets caught up in this sort of thing is always a paragon of virtue and never a sh1tbag... Just the way it goes!
The Krays? I think your reading the wrong thread mate. Poor analogy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The Krays? I think your reading the wrong thread mate. Poor analogy.

No, my analogy stands. I was simply pointing out that whenever these cases come up that those involved are always "innocent" lovely blokes who wouldn't hurt a fly. I don't know if that is the truth in this case, but do know from my own experience that it more than often isn't the true picture.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
No, my analogy stands. I was simply pointing out that whenever these cases come up that those involved are always "innocent" lovely blokes who wouldn't hurt a fly. I don't know if that is the truth in this case, but do know from my own experience that it more than often isn't the true picture.
Not for me it doesn't. Comparing 5 lads who get caught up in some football related incident to The Krays twins is ridiculous. Crap analogy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I was watching a documentary on Albany jail last night. One of the warders said he hasn't yet met an inmate who said he was guilty.

If the Krays had to defend themselves in a similar fashion they would also be innocent regarding this incident:moo:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Simple! Send a form out to the whole population asking if you are guilty or innocent then lock up all responding innocent:wozza:

You mean like one of those democratic referendum thingy's in a guilty not guilty stylee ? but what happens if the majority think the whole thing looks like a not guilty lets arrest somebody just anybody stitch up and have the cheek to win , and those that want the key thrown away start another it's not fair petition , the whole thing reeks , if they were banned on video evidence and they started the whole thing then fair enough got what they deserved , but then that would surely mean that whoever they were caught throwing stuff at would also be in the film and therefore subject to arrest for apparently fighting back , which it now seems is against the law ! and charged with some questionable mickey mouse law , still waiting to see if any Russians have been arrested on this one , think we may have a long wait .

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does that mean that they are all lying though? That there are never any miscarriages of justice... ever, and that innocent people have never been (wrongly) punished through the courts? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miscarriage_of_justice_cases#United_Kingdom)

Don't be daft, of course not - but it's a pretty common trait of the accused to claim they are innocent, or for family/friends to do so even when the evidence is overwhelming (not suggesting it is in this case)

What % of total cases heard in the same period do the ones in your link make up then ?

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
French police were awful aswell

Literally watching the Russians attack bars, restaurants and clumping anyone English.

Young French kids breaking tables up for them to use the legs as clubs.

On a positive note, the Leicester fan who was stamped into a coma is now home.

£26k on his just giving page for this rehabilitation from fans from all clubs.

The Guvnor

Dec 16, 2013

Literally watching the Russians attack bars, restaurants and clumping anyone English.

What great stuff that is.

Link to his just giving page?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Having been to Lille for the Euros with England the French police were spoiling for a fight. 5 lads getting banned has got 50 pages !

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
You can either have the content masked by huge ads or by a huge box asking you to uninstall your ad blocker. It's almost like they don't want people reading their copy.

You won't believe what happens/ happened next ......... lol, omg!!!!!!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Do you really think so? Sometimes I think the CPS take a chance.
I had a case where the police wanted to do me for GBH, even though I genuinely never started anything.
Solicitor said don't worry they have nothing, they sent everything to the CPS. I was charged with one GBH and one ABH. Solicitor could not believe it, but still told not to worry. At the magistrates hearing at Greenwich I was remanded in custody. My solicitor was speechless but not as much as me. I had no previous and two witness statements saying I was not the instigator of the fight. It's pretty surprising to be on the way to Belmarsh for a fight you never started, never wanted or had a chance to avoid.
Luckily a barrister appealed to the crown court and I was let out on bail three days later. I was on a curfew and had to report to the station.
Cps then offered to lower the charges so I would definitely serve no time, I told them to stick it. But it would have been the least hassle(certainly less stressful route). I went in front of a crown court judge at Belmarsh crown court and my case was dismissed within twenty minutes, the only reason it took twenty minutes is because the judge spent fifteen minutes ripping into the CPS.

unfortunately that is all too believable.....a friend of mine was involved in an incident outside a snooker hall in southend.....some drunk bloke had insisted on playing snooker for money , my chum cleaned him out then he wanted to start betting his shoes, credit cards and clothing ........my mate ended up trying to give the guy all his money back as he was just becoming a pest , this upset the drunk bloke even more and he was ejected fromthe hall by staff , when my mate went to leave over an hour later the guy was still waiting outside for him things escalated a bit of pushing and shoving ensued and the drunk fella went over backwards , hit his head on the kerb and died on his way to hospital......my mate defended a murder charge for nearly two years and endured 8 weeks in remand in wandsworth....it ruined him ......the cps insisted he must answer the charge of murder and it was only his barrister who was a family friend that convinced him to see it through and that he was certain a jury couldn't convict him on the evidence.......he was offered manslaughter on the steps at the old bailey on his way into court which he refused and walked free .......i'm not sure if the judge threw it out but it didn't last the first day.......it ruined his life , although he is now a ski instructor in canada......every cloud and all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports