Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

Right here is a scenario:

It's Brighton v Millwall, let's say league cup 2nd round.

Loads of families drinking outside in pubs by the station.

Then at 6.45 a nasty mob of Millwall start attacking anybody and anything in Brighton colours.
Yes you see young kids crying, women crying. You and your mates have been punched.

Tell me what would you do in the heat of the moment ?

:moo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XL1m89nkk8

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Then at 6.45 a nasty mob of Millwall start attacking anybody and anything in Brighton colours.
Yes you see young kids crying, women crying. You and your mates have been punched.

Probably wonder "Why on earth did I buy a ticket to a league cup 2nd round match?"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

What on earth were they thinking? With the train situation as it is, they were never going to make kick-off.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Not to sure why people are taking the piss out of this post as this almost happened 2 seasons ago v Millwall , they charged the family area and if not for the stewards on duty and a small group of Brighton who stood their ground oh and the super anti numbskull netting of course they no doubt being the scum that they were would have piled into the families , so lets not be too quick to judge the actions of others when put in a threatening position , would you defend your family and friends if the run away option had been exhausted ?

If you have to think about that question then you really should have stayed single and will have no mates .

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Caveman esque reply......Guess they may only have been there because euros were on.....But you are excused .....How would Caveman know..

Blimey and to you too, I was being Ironic...

The original post "They have never thrown a punch at football in there lives till that day ", then someone replied "they weren't at a football match".

I know they were there watching the football, of course they were. I was being pedantic, sorry if I upset some of the bedwetters.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Not to sure why people are taking the piss out of this post as this almost happened 2 seasons ago v Millwall , they charged the family area and if not for the stewards on duty and a small group of Brighton who stood their ground oh and the super anti numbskull netting of course they no doubt being the scum that they were would have piled into the families , so lets not be too quick to judge the actions of others when put in a threatening position , would you defend your family and friends if the run away option had been exhausted ?

If you have to think about that question then you really should have stayed single and will have no mates .

Exactly!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Because the scenario presented was one of people in pubs around town before a game. Your actual example is inside a ground during a game. Chalk and cheese.

Exactly!!!!

See above.

Also, the crux of this particular matter seems to be that the allegations concern actions taking place prior to the Russians going barmy. Clearly I have no personal knowledge of that but, as presented, that makes the Marseille matter different to your hypothetical scenario.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Blimey and to you too, I was being Ironic...

The original post "They have never thrown a punch at football in there lives till that day ", then someone replied "they weren't at a football match".

I know they were there watching the football, of course they were. I was being pedantic, sorry if I upset some of the bedwetters.

I always thought that being pedantic was to ensure accuracy. But watching the football is not the same as being at the football. On your basis of definition if I am watching football on my tv at home I am at the match.
How strange.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Not to sure why people are taking the piss out of this post as this almost happened 2 seasons ago v Millwall , they charged the family area and if not for the stewards on duty and a small group of Brighton who stood their ground oh and the super anti numbskull netting of course they no doubt being the scum that they were would have piled into the families , so lets not be too quick to judge the actions of others when put in a threatening position , would you defend your family and friends if the run away option had been

Spot on

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Millwall did run up to the netting, but there was a lot of fist shaking & hold me back behaviour. If they'd really wanted to wade in, the stewards & netting wouldn't have stopped them.
There was no problem outside the Amex, apart from having to queue longer so the special train could go. Quite a few London based Brighton fans also travelled on the special, with no problems.

The other scenario is also unlikely as families don't tend to be in pubs around Brighton station before an evening match.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Because the scenario presented was one of people in pubs around town before a game. Your actual example is inside a ground during a game. Chalk and cheese.

See above.

Also, the crux of this particular matter seems to be that the allegations concern actions taking place prior to the Russians going barmy. Clearly I have no personal knowledge of that but, as presented, that makes the Marseille matter different to your hypothetical scenario.

The point I was trying to make was, if a load of opposing fans attacked a pub full of Brighton fans who are with their kids and wives, this could be home or away, what would you do if running away wasn't an option?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here