BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have to accept that these five..Who I`m sure at home with wives family friends etc are normal decent people........However on tour with mates, few beers,few more Beers you become invincible,and any sort of challenge you`re up for. Haven`t we all been there. There but for the grace of god go I.
The club has to respond and has so perhaps a bit OTT,but I feel sure that if they appeal,ask to meet Paul Barber etc they may well get their ban substantially reduced, I believe they should be able to negotiate one season.
Unless there is more to this than in the public eye.

I agree. Sure. BUT as I said, I smell prejudice. If someone piles into my garden, swinging punches, and I have been minding my own business, having a sing song along with a Velvet Acid Christ track, blasting out of my sound system, while enjoying the fruits of my wine lake, there is a fair chance I woulk luzz my deck chair, and probably wave my empty bottle of Finca Carelio about in a threatening manner. Once my neighbour, dear old Frances, had summoned the OB, the chances they would have my wrists in cuffs while beating me about the head with truncheons would be the square root of **** all.

Context. Nice academic in the garden of England (in his garden): prejudicial guilt quotient, nil. Young lad in a group of 'Obvious Football Hooligans' (or old bloke sitting in a football ground) equals Obvious Enemy.

This is not right :shrug:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You have to accept that these five..Who I`m sure at home with wives family friends etc are normal decent people........However on tour with mates, few beers,few more Beers you become invincible,and any sort of challenge you`re up for. Haven`t we all been there. There but for the grace of god go I.
The club has to respond and has so perhaps a bit OTT,but I feel sure that if they appeal,ask to meet Paul Barber etc they may well get their ban substantially reduced, I believe they should be able to negotiate one season.
Unless there is more to this than in the public eye.

The court order is for longer than that isn't it, therefore the club cant reduce it to one year

Hopefully if this is a unfair ban, they will be able to overturn this with the help of the FSF and also hopefully it wont take 4 years like it did for the Coventry fan to get theirs overturned

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The court order is for longer than that isn't it, therefore the club cant reduce it to one year

Hopefully if this is a unfair ban, they will be able to overturn this with the help of the FSF and also hopefully it wont take 4 years like it did for the Coventry fan to get theirs overturned

You've made some interesting posts on this thread and it's made me think a bit more ..with this more reasoned debate ..than the earlier more 'aggressive' stance by one or two posters

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
To be fair, I know one of the '5' quite well, and when he tells me stories of his away days, it doesn't have much to do with the football.....

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
To be fair, I know one of the '5' quite well, and when he tells me stories of his away days, it doesn't have much to do with the football.....

Go be fair neither do my stories...but they also don't go on about fighting...so care to elaborate?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Just looked at your profile....Your favourite player CMS.....Sorry your credibility = Zero....

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Fair enough, he did have a great game against Leeds the night I probably last updated my profile. Will consider myself zero'd and unable to post anymore :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I agree. Sure. BUT as I said, I smell prejudice. If someone piles into my garden, swinging punches, and I have been minding my own business, having a sing song along with a Velvet Acid Christ track, blasting out of my sound system, while enjoying the fruits of my wine lake, there is a fair chance I woulk luzz my deck chair, and probably wave my empty bottle of Finca Carelio about in a threatening manner. Once my neighbour, dear old Frances, had summoned the OB, the chances they would have my wrists in cuffs while beating me about the head with truncheons would be the square root of **** all.

Context. Nice academic in the garden of England (in his garden): prejudicial guilt quotient, nil. Young lad in a group of 'Obvious Football Hooligans' (or old bloke sitting in a football ground) equals Obvious Enemy.

This is not right :shrug:

Incredible stuff Harold. Meades Ball-esque with just the vaguest hint of Yootha Joyce sprinkled around the edges.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We dont get to see evidence of other crimes particularly. Really dont understand any reason for the evidence being put forward for public scrutiny.

Because in any other scenario, guilt has to be proven before a punishment is imposed.

But you will, as ever, argue that black is white.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Incredible stuff Harold. Meades Ball-esque with just the vaguest hint of Yootha Joyce sprinkled around the edges.

You would, though, wouldn't you, though :lolol:

Yootha 1.jpeg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've no idea if these lads actually did anything wrong or not but I do have personal (and ongoing) experience of the fact that the police twist and fabricate evidence in order to persuade the CPS to press charges.

This is an entirely one sided process as, of course, the only information the CPS receive is from the police. So the first time the innocent person involved gets to state their case is when they've been taken to court.

Fair enough you might say, but with the ridiculous legal aid rules now in place, unless you're rich (as in rich, not well off) you're basically going to be financially stuffed just trying to defend yourself with people who know how the system works (solicitor, barrister).

As mentioned previously, in a magistrates court, you've no chance anyway as the likelihood of them siding with you rather than the police is virtually nil. In crown, hopefully there's a better chance as at least it's normal people deciding your fate based on the evidence rather than (often) some half arsed officials not good enough for crown court.

I completely understand why these lads wouldn't attempt to challenge the FBOs whether guilty or not.

Our justice system is not what it says on the tin.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Ahhh, prepared to cast aspertions, but not willing to actually back them up. All credibility shot.

Not casting aspertions, no. Also totally disagree with the system that has handed them with ban. Not to mention the fact that what actually happened isn't really clear, just seems painting some of them as innocent unfortunate angels is a bit fanciful

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Not casting aspertions, no............... just seems painting some of them as innocent unfortunate angels is a bit fanciful

You seem to want your cake, and to eat it too.......

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've no idea if these lads actually did anything wrong or not but I do have personal (and ongoing) experience of the fact that the police twist and fabricate evidence in order to persuade the CPS to press charges.

This is an entirely one sided process as, of course, the only information the CPS receive is from the police. So the first time the innocent person involved gets to state their case is when they've been taken to court.

Fair enough you might say, but with the ridiculous legal aid rules now in place, unless you're rich (as in rich, not well off) you're basically going to be financially stuffed just trying to defend yourself with people who know how the system works (solicitor, barrister).

As mentioned previously, in a magistrates court, you've no chance anyway as the likelihood of them siding with you rather than the police is virtually nil. In crown, hopefully there's a better chance as at least it's normal people deciding your fate based on the evidence rather than (often) some half arsed officials not good enough for crown court.

I completely understand why these lads wouldn't attempt to challenge the FBOs whether guilty or not.

Our justice system is not what it says on the tin.
You are right. The police's role is not sadly to be neutral and independently and fairly judge the facts - it is instead to build a case against the suspect.

Everything that can be interpreted in a negative way and used will be.

The CPS then judge whether to go ahead if they calculate there is a greater than 50?% chance of a guilty verdict based on that police case.

Silence and 'no comment' are powerful strategies in this situation.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You are right. The police's role is not sadly to be neutral and independently and fairly judge the facts - it is instead to build a case against the suspect.

Everything that can be interpreted in a negative way and used will be.

The CPS then judge whether to go ahead if they calculate there is a greater than 50?% chance of a guilty verdict based on that police case.

Silence and 'no comment' are powerful strategies in this situation.
Very true. Unfortunately for me I was always of the opinion that telling the truth is more important than playing their game (answering as truthfully as possible rather than "no commenting" when they are misrepresenting the truth in questions). It's not done me any favours so far though. We shall see!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports