Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I've always said I was waiting for your views. See you at the Phoenix on Wednesday? Be good to hear about it.

Indeed see you on Wednesday. Another long run for me on Sunday (20+) so not sure how good my speed will be for a 10k!

Anyway my final word on this is that I have been contacted by several England fans who witnessed what happened and they have come forward to me tonight and said they will give written statements to support these 5 lads. They are gobsmacked when they heard about the FBO's and the Albion banning them. As I said I will not say anymore in case anything that has been said to me needs to be used in court. The more I hear about this (as I said I was not there so did not witness anything) the more I am left shocked by what has happened. Hopefully this can be taken further and justice delivered.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Embarrassing! Puts a bad name upon our club, glad they have been banned as they deserve it!

Not embarrassing at all.

5 men from Sussex following England in France, get accused of doing something away from a football stadium, nothing to do with Brighton and Hove Albion FC.
In the Argus report it says 2 were filmed throwing ' street furniture' and I'm not actually sure what the other 3 have been accused of. Didn't see any mention of the 5 getting arrested by French police.
Did you see any footage of innocent England fans getting attacked in the stadium by Russian fans?
There is one photo of a lad of about 15 getting battered by a grown Russian thug in the stadium.

If these lads stood up for themselves against organised Russian thugs, they deserve respect.
The French police should be embarrassed for letting the Russian thugs get away with what they did.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I also believe there are details on the web on how to contest such orders such as the football supporters federation.

From the FSF website

If you are unjustly arrested, served with a banning order or get into any scrapes which you feel are unfair, contact Amanda Jacks, Caseworker for the FSF, via:
Email: amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk
Twitter: [MENTION=14099]FSF[/MENTION]_faircop
Mobile: 07703 519555
Amanda is happy to take calls outside of normal office hours, including weekends.

- See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/wat...-a-crime/fan-in-trouble/#sthash.jCpEZxGx.dpuf

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Seems football banning orders are handed down without too much required in the way of proof so completely agree that needs looking at seperately. Don't know any of the guys involved in this so can't comment on them -if they did what they are accused of I guess they deserve some sort of banning order but if not maybe they can get it sorted out with the club or the FSF as mentioned above.If they are innocent then I hope they are able to resolve this and return to watching football.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
They are innocent until the evidence is proved in Court.

You have to go back to the 1980s when football violence was front page news and the desire to clamp down which has been very successful, and the banning order is footballs way of ensuring that fans with proven football related violence activities are removed from football grounds, and are unable to travel when England are playing/

The issue of finances has been the case for sometime. This has of course got worse over time due to cutbacks on legal aid, and most insurance policies where legal costs are provided exclude violence related cases.

Given more notice on the Court appearance, CAB would be able to provide some degree of assistance. I also believe there are details on the web on how to contest such orders such as the football supporters federation.

And yet, sadly, we seem to still have the same attitude by the authorities as we did back in those dark days towards football fans, that they are all out to cause trouble and must be controlled / banned without having been convicted of any offence because are viewed as someone who is determined to cause problems at matches. They choose to ignore the fact that they were just unfortunate to have been caught out by in the wrong place at the wrong time and found themselves under attack from the real thugs looking for trouble and attacking English fans indiscriminately as per their aim. They ignore the change in the football attending demographics and changes in attitudes, the authorities seemingly still hold this outdated view

Their crime in this case? probably trying to enjoy a quiet drink with fellow fans when they were set upon and were only acting as they did to defend themselves (or possibly their friends / families, less able to defend themselves etc as they fled to safety) from those who deliberately set out to cause trouble (the Russian fans) - Only witnessing the 2nd half an incident often gives a false sense of what happened and can lead to the wrong people being accused of being responsible.

Last edited:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Not embarrassing at all.

5 men from Sussex following England in France, get accused of doing something away from a football stadium, nothing to do with Brighton and Hove Albion FC.
In the Argus report it says 2 were filmed throwing ' street furniture' and I'm not actually sure what the other 3 have been accused of. Didn't see any mention of the 5 getting arrested by French police.
Did you see any footage of innocent England fans getting attacked in the stadium by Russian fans?
There is one photo of a lad of about 15 getting battered by a grown Russian thug in the stadium.

If these lads stood up for themselves against organised Russian thugs, they deserve respect.
The French police should be embarrassed for letting the Russian thugs get away with what they did.
Respect for fighting back? Behave.

They caught and on the evidence given probably deserve the 5 year ban.

The indefinite ban by the Albion is the bit they surely should be contesting, seems way OTT.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Having followed England Away for many years its the same old story.
Old Bill need to show they did something (video trouble instead of actually stopping it) to justify their freebie trip to the South of France.
If they were there as liasons, why did they not do their job and patrol in the Port where anyone with any sense would know that is where trouble would occur.
Then again, they were not there to stop trouble..
If these are regular followers then PC Balkham should know of them and can state whether this was out of character...then again he would not get his trip to Russia 2018.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Respect for fighting back? Behave.

They caught and on the evidence given probably deserve the 5 year ban.

The indefinite ban by the Albion is the bit they surely should be contesting, seems way OTT.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Behave? Who are you, a schoolteacher? :)

Respect yes I stand by that, may have saved them and others from serious injury, what the hell were the French police doing letting a well organised Russian mob run around like they did?

Where were the police and stewards at the end of the England v Russia match in the stadium?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I do like the way that you've made this sound like it was justified if it was a journalist, but it just unfortunately turned out to be a police man

How long was the poor individual in hospital receiving treatment for getting a little bit wet ? are they over the trauma or are they still receiving therapy? have they returned to work yet or are they still recuperating ?

The person in question didn't punch them or throw anything that could do physical harm to anyone if it hit anyone and there are a lot worse things that could be thrown, especially if you take into account what was happening in the area and what the Russians were doing. A multi year match ban for this seems very harsh imo but i guess they were very lucky it wasn't an American policeman or he might have shot them dead for a lot less

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Typical police in this country , rather than stop the trouble , they use cameras to get easy targets , people trying to protect them selves from the Russian thugs . I also notice lack of criticism of the French police by the British police , who basically let the Russian thugs get away with murder . No wonder these guys fought back .

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
How long was the poor individual in hospital receiving treatment for getting a little bit wet ? are they over the trauma or are they still receiving therapy? have they returned to work yet or are they still recuperating ?

The person in question didn't punch them or throw anything that could do physical harm to anyone if it hit anyone and there are a lot worse things that could be thrown, especially if you take into account what was happening in the area and what the Russians were doing. A multi year match ban for this seems very harsh imo but i guess they were very lucky it wasn't an American policeman or he might have shot them dead for a lot less

At least the American police would of stopped the Russian thugs , unlike the French police

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep, my first thought was, 'good riddance' - but the longer this discussion has gone on, I want to know, what was the evidence? - were these the guilty parties? - where were the French police when there was a bit of (Russian) violence going on? - how come the police seem to have avoided tackling any Russian thug who might have been a bit handy? - scared, were they? - and, without the money to pay mega-rich money-grabbing barristers, did these 'Typical English Hooligans' really have a fair trial?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Embarrassing! Puts a bad name upon our club, glad they have been banned as they deserve it!

I agree....it's this sort of behavior that will mean we won't get Falmer!!

Oh hang on we've got it....errrmmmmmm maybe they'll take it away?? Oh cripes I don't know. MUMMMMMMMY

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
These threads always crack me up. So many people apparently that turn their noses up at the mere thought of a bit of fisticuffs between rival fans yet these are always the most popular threads. Funny that.

At least 40 pages!

Changing the subject.. Kylie during or post Neighbours?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here