Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

""BEWARE"" Shopping at ALDI may cost you more than you think

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Just pay up for overstaying.

A few others will be along shortly to offer alternative advice.
Top tip, put parking charges in the title to alert them. :wink:

We don't need alerting - could tell from the title that someone was about to get scammed and fall for a fake PCN. You really are an utter tool for saying people should pay these scam invoices.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I went shopping at Aldi on Thursday 29th November in Bexhill, as it was offer day the car park was rammed, so I drove straight round and out. I returned early afternoon and purchased my items.
I have now just received a parking charge notice in the post informing me I am fined £70.00 or reduced to £40.00 if paid within 28 days. My time in the shop is usually on a very short while, as I am an oap and have recently been widowed my purchases are not large. They have taken the photo of my first visit and the photo of me leaving on the second visit. I have spoken to the deputy manager who says "Its nothing to do with us it is a separate company"

Any suggestions or do I just pay up and get mugged for forty quid?

Obviously don't pay it!

Parking Eye or G24, which bunch of protection racketeers have their comeras in that car park?!

Hope you watched the Watchdog clip already posted above. If you don't fancy making a paper aeroplane out of it then these letters make useful hamster bedding. Tick off each letter here if you decide to go for the easiest option of ignoring each letter like phishing emails:

PPC Letter Chains comments) - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Now calm down and spread the word about this scam. It doesn't affect your credit rating or anything, no Court, nothing. It's not even a fine at all. COMPLAIN to Aldi though, in writing to the Head Office not verbally to some Duty Manager who doesn't realise the effect these scammers have on turning customers into ex-customers.

Finally if you want to get it cancelled simply appeal to the private parking company and specifically demand the 'POPLA verification code'. It will make them cancel the fake PCN because they won't want to have to fund the appeal further. POPLA info here:

New POPLA Information website - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

But if anyone gets a fake PCN from 'Excel' at the moment do not appeal as they are banned from getting DVLA data so can't send their usual debt collector scamograms at all!

Last edited:

Bass dodger

Jul 10, 2011
My Stepson is a Lawyer in the City and informed me that only the Council or the Police are legally entitled to issue you with a fine. I had asked for his advice after my daughter in law received a parking fine in Crawley from one of these low life Companies. I told her to just ignore it which she did, after three or four threats of increases in fine, Baliffs etc they just stopped writing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't ignore the first letter. Write back setting out the facts; if you receive another, reply referring them to a copy of the first which you enclose. Anything further should be ignored.

Ignore both that advice because it is bad advice and and also any subsequent letters or threats from the company. If you are of the nature to not be able to ignore the letters write to the parking company saying it is an unenforceable invoice with a request to pay which you are refusing to pay and if they wish to take it further you will see them in the county court. They will then send you a letter saying that they have reconsidered and cancelled the 'ticket'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Whilst I'm with you Westdene, this is an OAP who will get letter after threatening letter unless he does something. By replying he at least sets out his case.

I see your idea but by responding he'll get even more letters. If you're up for a fight then appeal and take it to POPLA and then ignore but the general advice is IGNORE.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I payed up a few months ago reading this thread I fill a bit of a jackass

Given your previous posts I have to ask - why did you pay ? You don't strike me as a roll over person unlike that whimp [MENTION=4191]Programme Seller[/MENTION]

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
You can all say I was driving your cars if you get one of these fake PCNs.

I'll only charge £20 for ignoring each one - bargain! I can ignore phishing emails too for £10 a pop!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I'm a very cheap whore so I'll do it for £2.50 !

johnjim

Sep 2, 2008
bexhill
Look at the Martin Lewis web site, he's a bloke who is often on BBC radio two, he has a redy made reply letter,either way don't pay. You could even ask them to pay you for you're time spent sorting things out.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Given your previous posts I have to ask - why did you pay ? You don't strike me as a roll over person unlike that whimp [MENTION=4191]Programme Seller[/MENTION]

At the time I assumed these parking tickets were leagle and if you did not pay you would end up in court I got mine from lancing asda and there are loads of enforcement signs what make it look official
There was a chap there tonight handing out tickets scum bags

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
At the time I assumed these parking tickets were leagle and if you did not pay you would end up in court I got mine from lancing asda and there are loads of enforcement signs what make it look official
There was a chap there tonight handing out tickets scum bags

This is the problem, even now, more than 50% of drivers still don't realise these pcns are not enforceable so they pay up, the profit is still very large for companies like aldi, so its worth their while employing people as wardens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here