""BEWARE"" Shopping at ALDI may cost you more than you think

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Ignore both that advice because it is bad advice and and also any subsequent letters or threats from the company. If you are of the nature to not be able to ignore the letters write to the parking company saying it is an unenforceable invoice with a request to pay which you are refusing to pay and if they wish to take it further you will see them in the county court. They will then send you a letter saying that they have reconsidered and cancelled the 'ticket'

This is absolute CRAP advice !!!!!

Okay, but you haven't explained why it's bad advice. I've always been under the assumption that ignoring anything like that is a fast track to a visit from the debt-collectors - by setting out the facts, you let them know you're not dodging them but facing upto them knowing you're in the right...?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Okay, but you haven't explained why it's bad advice. I've always been under the assumption that ignoring anything like that is a fast track to a visit from the debt-collectors - by setting out the facts, you let them know you're not dodging them but facing upto them knowing you're in the right...?

Firstly there is no debt so the "debt collectors" are powerless. You don't sign up to a credit agreement when you park so there can't possibly be a debt.

You CAN be sued by the landowner for any loses they have by you breaking the contract ( and that's assuming a contract can really be said to have been agreed ). PPC's are very rarely the landowner ( the main exception being NCP ) so as the PPC has no proprietary right over the land ( i.e. they neither own it nor have a lease over it ) they have no ability or legal right to form a contract with the driver ( see VCS v HMRC ). Therefore any demand from the PPC for money, however small, is illegal and unenforceable.

Their invoices have as much legal standing as a Nigerian Princes request for money from you - I'm assuming you don't bother to respond to those emails when you get them setting out the facts ? Why would you bother to do so with another scammer such as a PPC ?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Firstly there is no debt so the "debt collectors" are powerless. You don't sign up to a credit agreement when you park so there can't possibly be a debt.

You CAN be sued by the landowner for any loses they have by you breaking the contract ( and that's assuming a contract can really be said to have been agreed ). PPC's are very rarely the landowner ( the main exception being NCP ) so as the PPC has no proprietary right over the land ( i.e. they neither own it nor have a lease over it ) they have no ability or legal right to form a contract with the driver ( see VCS v HMRC ). Therefore any demand from the PPC for money, however small, is illegal and unenforceable.

Their invoices have as much legal standing as a Nigerian Princes request for money from you - I'm assuming you don't bother to respond to those emails when you get them setting out the facts ? Why would you bother to do so with another scammer such as a PPC ?

Fair enough!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports