• Take That

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Why? Because nobody on here other than you could possibly have a) read the NME in the last two years, b) Looked at an album chart, c) Listened to Radio 1, or d) Know any bands other than Girls Aloud?

Give it a rest fella.

And if you HONESTLY think they are the best band from Manchester you are making yourself look silly...

If we're saying Middleton is in Manchester, then I'll put forward the Wedding Present,my all time band.

I do believe David Gedge now lives down here?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we're saying Middleton is in Manchester, then I'll put forward the Wedding Present,my all time band.

I do believe David Gedge now lives down here?

I LOVE TWP. From LEEDS though, surely?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Of bands past, the ones I probably still play most are the Durutti Column, the Chameleons, and Fall spin-off band, the Blue Orchids.

But certainly honurable mentions go to James, JD/NO, Buzzcocks, The Smiths and ACR. And the Fall, of course.

Of bands present, probably Elbow. Or The Whip.

Historically though, I slightly preferred the Liverpool bands in the great north musical punch-up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Smiths for me. Just ahead of Stone Roses. Honourable mention for the Inspiral Carpets, Happy Mondays, and of course Joy Division/New Order

I was going to say Northside but then decided against it in case anyone thought I was being serious. :jester:

Oasis?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It's funny, if you'd asked this question in 1997, you'd have got a very different answer. Those first two albums were AWESOME but it has since become obvious they are a one trick pony and that Liam Gallagher is a total tosser.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The Wedding Present asked my mate to be their drummer around the time they re-formed and put out an album.

That's quite cool - What did he/she say?

I once chatted to Pete Solowka outside Confettis in Derby. He told me that my classy 'What are you being so reasonable now?' T shirt was a fake. Ah well....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's quite cool - What did he/she say?

I once chatted to Pete Solowka outside Confettis in Derby. He told me that my classy 'What are you being so reasonable now?' T shirt was a fake. Ah well....

He was right, too.

Had it been a real one it would surely have read "WHY are you being so reasonable now"...

:jester:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How on earth can Oasis have more votes than The Smiths. Noel Gallagher is not in the same league as Johnny Marr at banging out a tune and as for lyrics.......Beatles tribute act ahead of totaly genius, you cant be serious!!!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The Wedding Present don't count. They're more a Leeds/Horsham/Brighton/Switzerland combo. They'd probably be joint first with the Smiths for me.

The Courteeners? They don't count because they're shit.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
The MIGHTY Fall, as Peel used to call 'em, & despite that Mark E Smith is admant that they are a Prestwich band not a Manchester band.
[yt]QzivmOQWkVQ[/yt]
[yt]M1S6WsqIia8[/yt]
[yt]vEOtckaZtLg[/yt]
[yt]wygQmJ59E4Q[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here