Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No Buzzcocks? :ohmy:

They'd have got my vote but as they weren't there, I voted for The Fall.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Really tough choice across a number of different genres.

Went for The Smiths in the end as far as what they meant to me in my adolescent years.

That said, The Stone Roses 'The Stone Roses' and Oasis 'Definitely Maybe' were both incredible albums that still sound fresh and exciting today.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Smiths for me - But the best I saw live were James. I was fortunate enough to spend half my time in Manchester in the late 80s early 90s, fantastic time of life. My view of the music scene is always slightly tainted as I tend to compare it to this time, which is kind of sad.

On a seperate note, recently read Hooky's book on the Hacienda. Awful. Just full of I took loads of drugs and drank loads with 'insert name of star'... I hope Tony Wilson's is going to be better.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Since when was Oasis part of the Madchester scene !

Stone Roses, closely following by the Mondays!

FACT!
:rave:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Inspirals with zero votes?

Saturn 5 was a stonking choon

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Don't know where to put it, but for those of you with slightly less musical taste....
Guns & Roses tickets are available for presale via ticketmaster to AMEX card members from 9am this morning....

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
very hard that, but based on consistency over a period of time I'd plump for Joy Division / New Order who I've always considered the same band personally. Honorable mention to Oasis, The Smiths and The Stone Roses without any of which my life would have been a whole lot emptier...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It stinks that the Inspirals haven't got one vote. STINKS. They were putting on light shows like happy house never died and charging £5 a t-shirt ("or wha'ever ya can give oos, mate") at the Concorde while Oasis were just about bothering to turn up for their turgid £50-a-pop finale at Wembley. Moooooooo

[YT]03cy86u6Wi4&feature=avmsc2[/YT]

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
very hard that, but based on consistency over a period of time I'd plump for Joy Division / New Order who I've always considered the same band personally. Honorable mention to Oasis, The Smiths and The Stone Roses without any of which my life would have been a whole lot emptier...

roughly this for me too - Joy Division just edge it for me

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Courteeners but i doubt many of you have heard of them.

Why? Because nobody on here other than you could possibly have a) read the NME in the last two years, b) Looked at an album chart, c) Listened to Radio 1, or d) Know any bands other than Girls Aloud?

Give it a rest fella.

And if you HONESTLY think they are the best band from Manchester you are making yourself look silly...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why? Because nobody on here other than you could possibly have a) read the NME in the last two years, b) Looked at an album chart, c) Listened to Radio 1, or d) Know any bands other than Girls Aloud?

Give it a rest fella.

And if you HONESTLY think they are the best band from Manchester you are making yourself look silly...

Thanks for saving me from typing that :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here