Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best ever Beatles song

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Try to see it my way.

(Edit - title is actually “we can work it out”)

Or of later stuff

A Day in the Life

Last edited:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
You have a massive choice..except if you are HWT and Psycho of course :lolol:

Just heard this on the radio and thought “Wow, such a good song” and then remembered just how many they had. I was not a fan of much of their later stuff in truth

But this still stands up as an absolute classic decades after release imo

https://youtu.be/F_80s6S_7Vw

I'd have to plump for In My Life - I think it's just about the perfect pop song: great tune, McCartney's wonderful bass line, lyrics that say something and that Bach-like middle eight

Two of my favs :thumbsup:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Either 'She's Leaving Home' or 'Tomorrow Never Knows'.

Recorded within 12 months of each other.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

This one for me when played very loud. Or perhaps this simple outtake on a Sunday morning:

edit- reminds me, I must watch Backbeat again. Such a brilliant movie.

Last edited:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
It's definitiely a mood thing.

I adore The Beatles.

Sometimes I genuinely can't believe how good they actually were.

You Like Me Too Much always makes me smile. It's a good one to sing along to if (like me) you can't sing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't worry about it, neither could they.

I don't like Cliff Richard but I accept that what he did he did well but was a bit one dimensional. You don't like anything the Beatles did which is weird as they had quite a few dimensions over the years. I struggle to believe there isn't a single song they did that you didn't like just a little. You obviously can't admit that now you've entrenched yourself so deep I know :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't like Cliff Richard but I accept that what he did he did well but was a bit one dimensional. You don't like anything the Beatles did which is weird as they had quite a few dimensions over the years. I struggle to believe there isn't a single song they did that you didn't like just a little. You obviously can't admit that now you've entrenched yourself so deep I know :lolol:

I had a similar conversation with someone who loved the Chemical Brothers, but didn't like the Beatles. It wasn't until I pointed out Tomorrow Never Knows was their manifesto and Setting Sun their tribute that a penny dropped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here