Best BAND of the MADCHESTER scene?

Best BAND during the MADCHESTER era?

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But you asked "who was the BEST band?"

Quite. And Joy Division are the best band that you can link to the Madchester scene.

They were from Salford, close enough. And were on Factory records. I think that's enough association.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Stone Roses were quality and I've voted for them.

James & The Carpets were also brillaint.

I remember seeing 808 State live suppporting Madness at the Brighton Centre - I thought they were good but they didn't seem to go down too well with the rest of the crowd!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Musically Im going for Inspiral Carpets.

After all the gave the world Oasis lol.

Joy Division yes but like other posters have said bit too early for "Madchester"

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Mondays for me and still my favourite band of all time. WFL what a classic. Ryder may have been a cock attimes but he is a bonafide legend.

Roses are really not far behind though. 88-91 and the Madchester thing was probably my favourite period of music ever alongside the dance scene of the day as well.

[yt]dn5C8E2Ky68[/yt]

Last edited:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
were you born ???
Give that ska man a biscuit grandma, The Mondays were indeed Madchester - they even had an ep called Madchester featuring the two most "madchesterist" tunes in Hallelujah and Rave On.....
Son I'm dirty, I only went with your mother 'cos she's thirty....

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Best band was the Stone roses.......but the Mondays were what the Madchester scene was all about......absolutly brilliant.
The madchester scene blended in nicely with the rave scene in 89-92.......fantastic years from what i can remember!!!! :thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Best band was the Stone roses.......but the Mondays were what the Madchester scene was all about......absolutly brilliant.
The madchester scene blended in nicely with the rave scene in 89-92.......fantastic years from what i can remember!!!! :thumbsup:

Exactly my point.

The Mondays WERE Madchester.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

Certainly was, particularly as I was living in Manchester during that period. Spike Island was a highlight though I was so off my head my memories are rather hazy about that day.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wedding present.......1 song every month and all that......................flying saucer inside my head.............................

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Not my era at all, so while I voted for The Stone Roses as the only Madchester band I have an album of, I'd have to say Sit Down by James was far and away the song I still sing along to whenever I hear it.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yeah. Sit Down - James, is an quality song.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
The Mondays are also my favourite all time band, Its not all about Step On, From the first album, Squirrel and G Man.. through to, well ...I'm the only person I know that rates Yes Please, also have any of you Ryder fans out there heard Amature Night at the Big Top? a work of art!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here