• Knight

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Bit of a shame it's the last 20 as Fred Binney, Peter Ward and Ian 'spider' Mellor were Goldstone legends

Whilst BZ is clearly the most prolific striker in that era there's more to life than just goals. No mentions for wingers like Smillie and Penney and only a few from the 80's for the awesome Terry Connor.

Vivid memories of Kevin Bremner's goal in the final match of the 87/88 season against Bristol Rovers which cost my brother a few quid in bets!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only one who made it at the highest level in a class team was the player who we sold for a piffling 60k and ended up at Liverpool - Dean Saunders therefore has to rate as the best striker we've had in the last 20 years. How can you say BZ when he struggles to get into an average Championship team ???

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
The poll should be last 25 years and Zamora would not get a look in behind Wardy.

Actually, Mike Small was probably better than Bobby.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Dean Saunders. I can remember him playing for Bradford, and watched him on MOTD during the 90's. I would have been a baby when he played for us though. But I think he was a better striker than Bobby currently is.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are we talking best striker or best striker for Brighton. Big difference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports