Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Knight

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Zamora for his all round play and goals record was the best.

John Byrne 2nd as he was just pure class. Partnership with Mike Small was one of the best the club has ever had.

3rd Nogan. I think Nogan was a class striker who had to play in a pretty poor Albion team. Wasn't he on the verge of signing for Liverpool once when he was with us?

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Zamora for me.

Perhaps broadening the debate a bit but I would`nt mention him in the same breath as Peter Ward who was a class apart.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I voted for Bobby, what did it for me was that his goals by and large guaranteed two successive championships and if he hadn't spent the first half of the season injured might just have kept us in the first division last time round.

Byrne and Small were a good partnership as were Nelson and Bremmner, we don't seem to have been able to field a genuine pair up front on a continuous basis since the former two left. Kurt Nogan was also pretty good and as someone mentioned played in an Albion team that was on the decline, he would have probably made a good partner up front for Bobby.

The other thing about Bobby was that supporters from other teams were talking about him, even when we were playing in the third division, that does't happen too often, another mark of how good a player he was during his time with us.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Why has no one mentioned Dean Saunders yet - he was awesome for us. Everyone goes for BZ because he's the most recent prolific goal-scorer the club has had. We all know about Wardy but Mez Mellor assisted with 75% of his goals. Sure Byrne, Robbo and Nelson were good to, but for me its:

DEANO! DEANO! DEANO!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
oapdodge said:
Fred Binney :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Binney left 27 years ago. It has to be Bobby in the last twenty.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Zamora.

If it had been the last 30 years, I would have voted differently!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Fourteenth Eye said:
as per Gully. His goals record is unparalelled. Byrne was a class act but how many did he score?

I bet he got as many as Zamora did for us in the old Div 1....

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Byrne & Small were the best partnership, and were very good compared to the best of what was a fairly mediocre team at the time.

Zamora has been the best in his own right though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Craig Maskell ("you sausage").
:dunce:

I loved Mark Gall. He scored an amazing goal in the last minute in a 4-3 defeat at home to Millwall. I was so excited when he was taking people on and banging them in the top corner. A great few months.

Saying that, i loved Nogan too. He was being slagged off when he started. Then he got hit in the arse with a goalkeeper's clearance. The ball rebounded into the empty net from 30 yards and then he couldn't stop scoring. Had a touch of real class about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports