Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion keeper

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
john phillips ??? only played one game for us,but what a game!

peter grummitt by a distance

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Definitely Graham Moseley for me. Loved Eric Steele’s Groucho but wasn’t nicknamed Dracula for nothing (interestingly he’s keeper coach at United which may explain De Gea’s problems with crosses!). Digweed was good but Corrigan well past his best & I thought he was very disappointing & really glad when he left.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
When I think of Albion goalkeepers, Eric Gill ias always the first name that comes to mind.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Graham Moseley for me too.

And for me. Quality stopper, great in the air, safe pair of hands. Very few howlers and good distribution. Top notch.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Big Joe; he was just immense.

I would watch him and just marvel at how good he must have been at his peak, and how amazing it must have been for Forest and Liverpool fans watching Shilton and Clemence evry week.

Famously used to warm down after games at the Albion with a PINT of wine (allegedly).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our NEXT keeper will be the best in a long time, I betcha.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Slightly off topic does anyone remember the name of the goal keeper (very weel known chap) who played for Leeds in the 2-2 draw at the Goldstone back in late eighties who jumped up to touch the cross bar and got his feet caught in the net, I cant thi nk of his name and its doing my head in
Mervyn Day?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Slightly off topic does anyone remember the name of the goal keeper (very weel known chap) who played for Leeds in the 2-2 draw at the Goldstone back in late eighties who jumped up to touch the cross bar and got his feet caught in the net, I cant thi nk of his name and its doing my head in

It was Mervyn Day. The same game as Chapman scored THAT own goal in the same net.

And my favourite keeper? Between Keeley & Beeney with a mention for Wayne Henderson.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No love for Mark Walton then........

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
My first keeper was Rust, so never saw Beeney. Still, it's comfortably Ben Roberts for me - far too good for us, really - would never have been playing in League One if he'd been fit.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I like Peter Grummitt who was very consistent but overall I would go for Eric Steele for his reactions and the rapport that he had with the crowd.

I can never remember Grummitt making a mistake - interesting that a lot of people are saying Moseley because I can remember him making quite a few! (was it the last minute against Birmingham at the Goldstone when he let in an equaliser, when the ball just went straight through his hands...?). Quality keeper on his day, but in the Moseley v Steele debate, I always went for Steele.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
He would get my vote too, brilliant reactions. Always prefered him to Moseley. Met the geezer once, too - lovely fella. And none of the others did Groucho Marx impersonations in front of the North Stand...

Unfortunately his days were numbered by Mullery after he had that bust-up with Gary Williams at Old Trafford.

This.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Moseley !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here