Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Benn vs Eubank

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hearn was going to make an awful lot of money from this. He won’t be going down with out a (very expensive) fight.

Benn's promoter Eddie Hearn, of Matchroom Boxing, told BBC Sport: "As we stand right now, the British Boxing Board of Control is not sanctioning the fight.

"That does not mean the fight is off, but there is a process we have to go through…..Conor Benn is not suspended, he is free and clear to fight. There's lots going on with the lawyers."

Seems Hearn is weazeling his way around the rules.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
In theory, yes. But it's not a steroid.

It's used after steroids, or I believe it can be used alongside steroids for a short amount of time as a masking agent.

Either way, although Clomifene (more commonly known as Clomid) is what has been detected, it points to other PED's being used.

Big red flag that he’s been cycling, and caught at the back end of it.
Makes sense as he’s putting on weight and obviously wants to pack on muscle eh.

Big shame.

Eddie has been very vocal about refusing to work with ped users, only when it suits him though it seems.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can’t see it happening. Were anything bad to happen with this being known it’d be a disaster.

Also farcical that the B sample results aren’t by now… I’d bet it is known but being held back for now because it’s also positive

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Can’t see it happening. Were anything bad to happen with this being known it’d be a disaster.

Also farcical that the B sample results aren’t by now… I’d bet it is known but being held back for now because it’s also positive
Hearn said B result won't come back before the fight

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hearn said B result won't come back before the fight

That’s bollocks. How can you not get a blood or urine test for a certain substance on the same day or within a day or 2.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought Hearns excuses for avoiding the Joshua v Fury bout were quite weak as well. Like he knew his cash cow would be over if that went ahead.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
That’s bollocks. How can you not get a blood or urine test for a certain substance on the same day or within a day or 2.
It doesn't really matter because the*BBBC does not recognize vada testing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It doesn't really matter because the*BBBC does not recognize vada testing.

It does matter. Why did the fighters agree to a VADA test - allegedly worth about £30k ? The test was done end of August rather than recently so perhaps caught by surprise at start of camp ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Yep. Screw the integrity of the sport, the show literally must go on

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It does matter. Why did the fighters agree to a VADA test - allegedly worth about £30k ? The test was done end of August rather than recently so perhaps caught by surprise at start of camp ?
EH saying BBBC relies on UKAD. VADA is just another random testing body, which surprise surprise, isn't recognized by BBBC

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
EH saying BBBC relies on UKAD. VADA is just another random testing body, which surprise surprise, isn't recognized by BBBC

So why use them, why put it in a contract and why do it ? Of course it’s relevant it’s just semantics.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why use it at all if BBBC doesn't even recognize it in the first place ..

Exactly. Someone put it in a contract and they both agreed to it

But just because someone doesn’t recognise something, doesn’t mean it’s not still a positive test. Would be interesting to know if the BBBC testing around the same time and if they tested for the same thing.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Exactly. Someone put it in a contract and they both agreed to it

But just because someone doesn’t recognise something, doesn’t mean it’s not still a positive test. Would be interesting to know if the BBBC testing around the same time and if they tested for the same thing.

No one is arguing about the positive test, EH simply said B sample won't be ready until after the fight and that BBBC can't suspend the fight because they use UKAD (which has returned all clean tests).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No one is arguing about the positive test, EH simply said B sample won't be ready until after the fight and that BBBC can't suspend the fight because they use UKAD (which has returned all clean tests).

It’s bullshit they can’t get a result before the fight. Go down Harley Street and I’ll bet you’ll find someone if you pay enough

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just been on Sky Sports News, they are now fighting for the IVF title 👍

I’ll get my coat…….😂

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why use it at all if BBBC doesn't even recognize it in the first place ..

They might not officially recognize it, but surely if evidence, any evidence for that matter, comes to light that one of their boxers has been cheating they must have grounds to act. If for example I went to the BBBC with concrete evidence of steroids, but didn’t have an incriminating test result as I’m not a drug tester, they’d do nothing? I hope this is just Eddie Hearn trying to push a baseless technicality.

Last edited:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Fair play to NSC for getting the scoop on this with that thread the other day. I thought that would make sense - Benn is a tool, has had a bizarre body transformation and had a beard transplant - then thought it was probably piffle the longer it went on without coming true.

Eubank doesn't always show what a good fella he is but he has here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here