Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Three beautifully described stories of classic Bell Cheeses - Fridge man, Barricade/WFH Man and Video Conference Man just highlight what we’ve been missing. I’ve missed it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
During lockdown I've discovered the US version of The Office, and got totally addicted. So many of the fruitcakes on there would slip effortlessly into the descriptions on this thread.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have been WFH since March and have just got a "working from home risk assessment" I need to complete and return. Here are some questions:

Are waste materials regularly disposed of?
Not sure if this means how often do I visit the toilet

Do you clean your hands/IT equipment eg keyboard /disinfect your home work space regularly?
I'm WFH, on my own

If you have virtual assistants such as Alexa or Echo, do you turn them off during phone or virtual meetings?
Does anybody?

Are the cables secure in all plugs?
I'm not opening all the plugs to look

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Three beautifully described stories of classic Bell Cheeses - Fridge man, Barricade/WFH Man and Video Conference Man just highlight what we’ve been missing. I’ve missed it.

We really could do with some sort of index for the all time classic Bellcheese stories in here IMHO

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’ve recently started going back into the office for a couple of days a week, just to shift some of the boredom of being at home 24-7. The office has been open to some degree throughout the pandemic, and there’s obviously been a few changes made such as one way systems in certain places to manage the flow of people. One of the apparently more controversial ones has been to take away the use of communal fridges. This has resulted in many people taking the obvious solution to bring in their own cool bags. Good enough for everyone apart from one colossal bell cheese who decided they would bring in their own FRIDGE and plug it in at their desk - all to house the yoghurt and sandwich that they religiously have for lunch every day. This wasn’t a mini fridge either, this was a decent household sized one.

What a quality comeback to a brilliant thread.

You HAVE to start adding random contents into the fridge and report back here regularly :thumbsup:

Don't turn it off [MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION] has never been one for the long game :wink:

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Anyone else getting tired of the "look at the fab places I've been on holiday" background pictures that seem essential part of Video calls now? "Oh, no that's just my back garden, but we modelled it on Italian gardens that we just love."
I got dragged into the horrid behaviour but posted a picture of huddled skeletons from Herculaneum! That set the tone...

I have been using this lately......

iu-11.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve recently started going back into the office for a couple of days a week, just to shift some of the boredom of being at home 24-7. The office has been open to some degree throughout the pandemic, and there’s obviously been a few changes made such as one way systems in certain places to manage the flow of people. One of the apparently more controversial ones has been to take away the use of communal fridges. This has resulted in many people taking the obvious solution to bring in their own cool bags. Good enough for everyone apart from one colossal bell cheese who decided they would bring in their own FRIDGE and plug it in at their desk - all to house the yoghurt and sandwich that they religiously have for lunch every day. This wasn’t a mini fridge either, this was a decent household sized one.

As a keen angler, I have a fridge in my garage for maggots. Perhaps you could use his conveniently placed fridge to store some you had to buy during office hours on Friday ahead of your weekend fishing trip........then of course forget about them......

...and as others have said, fantastic return to form for the thread [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is EXACTLY the sort of thinking we need. Excellent work.

You have to be careful though. If your desk is anywhere near theirs just think of the SMELL you'll have to endure.

We really could do with some sort of index for the all time classic Bellcheese stories in here IMHO

Every now and again I pop back to the start of this thread just to have a chuckle at some of the stories which made it what it is.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It’s great to see this thread still running. As one of the main sceptics of the pre-covid management religion of working from home (on Fridays in particular), I was beginning to despair about the future of this thread now that we’re all doing it. Welcome back old friend.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Pics. Must have pics

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Seeing this thread high up on page 1 got me almost as excited as I would have been seeing a thread titled...’Calde returns’:O:lolol::lolol::clap:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This thread is new to me . . . After 11 years working in a shed I went back to the office just under a year ago . . . . Its got a golden sheen already today . . . .I'm going to have a read back . . . And pay close attention to the office now.

Just remembered . . .today . . . Left the office @ 12:30 . . . Walked up the road, played frogger on the A27, got to M&S and stocked up on 3 lunches until Fri . . . . Made it back over the A27 without getting run over . . . . In 5 minutes less than it took a colleague ( Pompey fan) To drive a lap of CHichester via forced road routing, go to S***sburys for A shit sandwich and get back to the office. He'll probably do it again tomorrow. Thats what Landrover gaydiscos were designed for.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The only people I meet during my workday are wanky builders in the merchants with their fecking ridulous humongous off Rd pickups,
They are bellends- their trucks are so wide That I can hardly squeeze in because they hardly fit between the parking lines. I often squeeze in so tight then have my sandwich and read the paper. They can never get in without scratching there lovely trucks or my shitty 17 year old van.

Or they climb across from the passenger side.
Actually I’m a bellend at work

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The only people I meet during my workday are wanky builders in the merchants with their fecking ridulous humongous off Rd pickups,
They are bellends- their trucks are so wide That I can hardly squeeze in because they hardly fit between the parking lines. I often squeeze in so tight then have my sandwich and read the paper. They can never get in without scratching there lovely trucks or my shitty 17 year old van.

Or they climb across from the passenger side.
Actually I’m a bellend at work

Pikey pick-ups . . . . worse than a F***ing VW T5 ! :rolleyes:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Simple, have it removed, has it been appliance tested? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Or a sheep’s head. You can buy them.............

The reason I mentioned eyes, was, my first job ( Saturdays in a Butchers in Steyning ) one of the senior butchers offered me a coffee, usually one of my jobs. . . mine was very sweet . . . . after 2 sips I threw it, looked in the bottom of the mug and there was a sheeps eye staring at me. . .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The reason I mentioned eyes, was, my first job ( Saturdays in a Butchers in Steyning ) one of the senior butchers offered me a coffee, usually one of my jobs. . . mine was very sweet . . . . after 2 sips I threw it, looked in the bottom of the mug and there was a sheeps eye staring at me. . .

My mum who was born in a small rural Italian village bought many of her customs over when she met my dad after the war. Storing sheep heads in the fridge was common prior to her making her soups and stews.

I didn’t go near them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here