Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Some proper bellcheesery today from someone I'm working with at the moment. This is all from one person, in one day:

- It'll be a one-stop shop

- they're stuck in no man's land

- let's douse these fires first then once we can breath we can look at it

- I'll let you fill your boots on that one

- hopefully the train will pull in to a conclusion

- we'll have to see how the cookie crumbles

I can't take any more. Just speak normally you bellend.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Some proper bellcheesery today from someone I'm working with at the moment. This is all from one person, in one day:

- It'll be a one-stop shop

- they're stuck in no man's land

- let's douse these fires first then once we can breath we can look at it

- I'll let you fill your boots on that one

- hopefully the train will pull in to a conclusion

- we'll have to see how the cookie crumbles

I can't take any more. Just speak normally you bellend.

Do you work in the White House?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is the first thread that came to mind when thinking:-

'Why don't we just change the narrative'.

Feel free to follow suit - or not.

Peace out.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Apologies if fixtures but what the hell is it with women bringing disgusting brown and green drinks to meetings??!! They sit down and park some funny shaped bottle full of sh1t in front of them desperately waiting for someone like me to shout 'WTF IS THAT??!!' so that they can smugly say 'It's actually sea weed, pond weed, bile, and frogsh1t and it's really good for you as it's full of antioxidants and protein (from the newt spunk), you should try it....'

F**k that.

I have asked HR to ban see thru bottles.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This thread has been one of the real casualties of Coronavirus. Here's hoping it starts to get going again soon...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Apologies if fixtures but what the hell is it with women bringing disgusting brown and green drinks to meetings??!! They sit down and park some funny shaped bottle full of sh1t in front of them desperately waiting for someone like me to shout 'WTF IS THAT??!!' so that they can smugly say 'It's actually sea weed, pond weed, bile, and frogsh1t and it's really good for you as it's full of antioxidants and protein (from the newt spunk), you should try it....'

F**k that.

I have asked HR to ban see thru bottles.

Take your own full of best bitter

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I’ve recently started going back into the office for a couple of days a week, just to shift some of the boredom of being at home 24-7. The office has been open to some degree throughout the pandemic, and there’s obviously been a few changes made such as one way systems in certain places to manage the flow of people. One of the apparently more controversial ones has been to take away the use of communal fridges. This has resulted in many people taking the obvious solution to bring in their own cool bags. Good enough for everyone apart from one colossal bell cheese who decided they would bring in their own FRIDGE and plug it in at their desk - all to house the yoghurt and sandwich that they religiously have for lunch every day. This wasn’t a mini fridge either, this was a decent household sized one.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Anyone else getting tired of the "look at the fab places I've been on holiday" background pictures that seem essential part of Video calls now? "Oh, no that's just my back garden, but we modelled it on Italian gardens that we just love."
I got dragged into the horrid behaviour but posted a picture of huddled skeletons from Herculaneum! That set the tone...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone else getting tired of the "look at the fab places I've been on holiday" background pictures that seem essential part of Video calls now? "Oh, no that's just my back garden, but we modelled it on Italian gardens that we just love."
I got dragged into the horrid behaviour but posted a picture of huddled skeletons from Herculaneum! That set the tone...

They only out up those pics so you don’t have to look at knickers drying on the radiator behind them, wallpaper that’s peeling off etc

I was on a virtual conference (ironically on homeworking) a couple of months ago and the lead had a background of a super-modern house with an enormous, perfect garden visible through the floor-to-ceiling windows. One if my own team on the same conference messaged me privately commenting on the guy’s ‘fabulous house’. Unfortunately, had to tell her it was a guy who lives two doors away from me and no ****ing way is that his house [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I’ve recently started going back into the office for a couple of days a week, just to shift some of the boredom of being at home 24-7. The office has been open to some degree throughout the pandemic, and there’s obviously been a few changes made such as one way systems in certain places to manage the flow of people. One of the apparently more controversial ones has been to take away the use of communal fridges. This has resulted in many people taking the obvious solution to bring in their own cool bags. Good enough for everyone apart from one colossal bell cheese who decided they would bring in their own FRIDGE and plug it in at their desk - all to house the yoghurt and sandwich that they religiously have for lunch every day. This wasn’t a mini fridge either, this was a decent household sized one.

Marvellous scenes :clap2: I've missed these kinds of stories.

Wouldn't it be a shame if things started going missing from the fridge?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ah, a welcome return to one of the best threads on the board!

Damn right, another downside of the pandemic was the death of this thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not sure if it qualifies as being a bell cheese, but a few years ago one of the guys in our office managed to arrange that he finished 45 minutes before anyone else when there were some roadworks on the A27 (claiming it was because of his long travel time to Polegate from .....Peacehaven :rolleyes:) which, even though it was meant to only be for 3 weeks, hes managed to carry on for 5+ years. And now hes also decided he wants to work from home on a Friday (and got his own way), which has never EVER been an option for anyone in the company because of the type of work we do. He basically throws a teenage strop (hes 47) about things until he gets his own way (having a new PC when he wants one, a new air conditioning unit for his office when he gets a sniffle are just 2 examples), and the bosses are too scared to upset him as he is the only one here who can do his job....so they just give in to him.

Lets just say hes not the most popular person in the company with anyone....

Update on previously mentioned member of staff....

At the start of lock-down, we were deemed an essential service, so thankfully carried on working....except this one person who had a meltdown claiming we should be shut down completely. In response to this, he was allowed to continue "working" from home full time for the next 3 months, while the rest of us carried on getting the work out the door for our customers. Not a problem if he could do everything at home, but unfortunately in a production setting thats not possible. So, another member of staff had to do the other half of his job, while he sat at home doing not a lot - we were pretty quiet by our standards at that time. When he eventually came back (hes not high risk btw) he barricaded his part of the office off from the rest of the open plan room he shares with 5 others (including no entry signs put up on the walls) & if anyone goes anywhere near his area he flips out completely and runs to the bosses to complain.

Yet hes quite happy to go into other peoples offices to use their equipment / telephones etc, and also uses the same bathrooms & kitchen etc as the rest of us without wearing a mask or socially distancing.

Complete bell cheese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here