Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedwetters gone quiet

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Tedious shite, this thread. Let's all pat each other on the back because we're better fans than them?

I will admit I'm much more (cautiously) optimistic now. I would however like to see how we perform againt a half decent side before declaring that we'll storm the league.

The attitude of some fans, airing themselves in this thread beggars belief. Contrary opinions are derided and shouted down with infantile insults like bedwetters. How old are you?

Edit: I still think O'Grady is cack and we could have done a lot better.

Last edited:

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
11 signings ....

7 new players in 11 days, to complete our PROMOTION WINNING SQUAD

Where are you? Should've kept the faith
I'm here! Happy with the majority of signings. Still pissed off we haven't had a squad for pre season for 3 years and there appears to have been some turmoil behind the scenes. Let's hope the players gell quickly..UTA

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
"Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting".

It's been truly dire reading some of the posts on here over the last few weeks, some people need to have a serious look at themselves!!

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Tedious shite, this thread. Let's all pat each other on the back because we're better fans than them?

I will admit I'm much more (cautiously) optimistic now. I would however like to see how we perform againt a half decent side before declaring that we'll storm the league.

The attitude of some fans, airing themselves in this thread beggars belief. Contrary opinions are derided and shouted down with infantile insults like bedwetters. How old are you?

See what I mean!!:shrug:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Nonsense. Why should people who moan and bitch and cry and whine and slate the club all Summer then just be able to pretend they didn't once they realise that they were totally wrong? People have been calling for Burke's head and saying Barber should go as he was ruining the club (all the whole keeping very quiet about the man that tells them what to do), now they've been proved wrong, why shouldn't they be called out on it?

You can bet your life that had we not signed anyone else they would have been all over it slating the 'lickers' who told them it would be OK.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
See what I mean!!:shrug:

No. I Don't. Your lazy assumption that anyone who dares question is somehow offering scalding criticism of the club is the problem. People, myself included, we're concerned. Were being the operative word. Even this admission isn't enough for the likes of you. Pathetic, infantile point scoring. Just who exactly are you trying to impress?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nonsense. Why should people who moan and bitch and cry and whine and slate the club all Summer then just be able to pretend they didn't once they realise that they were totally wrong? People have been calling for Burke's head and saying Barber should go as he was ruining the club (all the whole keeping very quiet about the man that tells them what to do), now they've been proved wrong, why shouldn't they be called out on it?

You can bet your life that had we not signed anyone else they would have been all over it slating the 'lickers' who told them it would be OK.

It isn't nonsense at all. If after two games you weren't slightly concerned, having lost to two crap teams, with a threadbare squad, and then seeing the club hijacked over Stephen Ward, you were a fcking moron.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It isn't nonsense at all. If after two games you weren't slightly concerned, having lost to two crap teams, with a threadbare squad, and then seeing the club hijacked over Stephen Ward, you were a fcking moron.
Can't argue with that...... this holier than thou, wiser with hindsight attitude is tedious, in the extreme.

I even saw some of it on Twitter last night, from an NSC mod too..... very irritating.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles

I did none of the above.

Absolutely none of it. Go and check for yourself. Yet I am branded a bedwetter by the super fans for airing a genuine concern. If you don't want people to fight back, maybe be more careful who you tar with generalistic strokes of the brush.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I did none of the above.

Absolutely none of it. Go and check for yourself. Yet I am branded a bedwetter by the super fans for airing a genuine concern. If you don't want people to fight back, maybe be more careful who you tar with generalistic strokes of the brush.

Erm. It wasn't aimed at you, I have no idea who you are and have never noticed any of your postings before! Are you Uncle Spielberg in disguise?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No. I Don't. Your lazy assumption that anyone who dares question is somehow offering scalding criticism of the club is the problem. People, myself included, we're concerned. Were being the operative word. Even this admission isn't enough for the likes of you. Pathetic, infantile point scoring. Just who exactly are you trying to impress?

I think there was a lot of overreaction in July and August that wasn't necessary. It's the result of people just wanting to know more when they can't possibly. The club said, be patient, trust us. The fans should have. After all, the club have a record of delivering on promises.

Concern is one thing (I was unconvinced by the O'Grady signing), but total dismissal and accusations of running the club down we're disloyal and unwarranted. I am not saying you said any of this by the way.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I did none of the above.

Spot on. There have been a small handful of posters that have been overly critical this summer, and their have been far more who were rather concerned. For some reason everyone who has posted any content that resembled anything less than total positivity has been branded with that utterly shit phrase.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't argue with that...... this holier than thou, wiser with hindsight attitude is tedious, in the extreme.

Quite. Naturally there are those who, at times of worry, go childishly over the top - accusing Bloom of cashing in on Ulloa, or people they wouldn't recognise on the street of not doing their jobs properly, but I'm not apologising for fearing we'd struggle two weeks ago when we couldn't even capture our seemingly easiest transfer target having lost abjectly twice, and really struggled past a league 2 side - and nor should anybody else.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Concern is one thing (I was unconvinced by the O'Grady signing), but total dismissal and accusations of running the club down we're disloyal and unwarranted. I am not saying you said any of this by the way.
So if certain people want to pull up others who were guilty of this, how about they NAME them rather than lazily (and with hindsight) accusing anybody who was worried, a bedwetter?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So if certain people want to pull up others who were guilty of this, how about they NAME them rather than lazily (and with hindsight) accusing anybody who was worried, a bedwetter?

You organise the Truth and Reconciliation committee then. Good luck. I think we should all just draw a line under it and learn from it.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011

Agreed, all over it like a fat kid on a big mac!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here