Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedwetters gone quiet

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes but the latest thing to troll out is that we have only lost by the odd goal in most matches, just in case hey haven't realised losing by the odd goal still means zero points, zilch, nothing but never mind its entertaining football they will say - must admit the last few games at the Amex have been anything but they have been even poorer than under Oscar I would say.
We have drawn most matches.
Lost a few by the odd goal.
At no point have we been out played, although Sami clearly got out managed by 'Boro fella.

We play like a team with 2 inter linked problems:-

No confidence.
No goals.

Yesterday, against the formiest team in the league, we acquitted ourselves well.

The midfield is missing some proper creativity, for the players up front, who are also missing quality although had they been played in this season like they were last night, we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

It's a shame although there is obvious cause for some concern, those without the stomach for being a football supporter are carrying on like we are losing 4 or 5-0 every week.

You can only properly enjoy the good times after wading through some ploppy.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
What a pathetic post. You are gloating that the team you claim to support lost. Well done. You must be really proud of yourself.

I can assure you that the position I find my club in hurts me very much and along with other bedwetters, as we were named by posters just like you, are sadly having their fears realised. People just like you were very happy to take the p*ss because they stated their fears and you might be a little more careful about name calling in future and actually realise there are people with alternative views to yours.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At no point have we been out played, although Sami clearly got out managed by 'Boro fella.

No confidence.
No goals.

Yesterday, against the formiest team in the league, we acquitted ourselves well.

The midfield is missing some proper creativity, for the players up front, who are also missing quality although had they been played in this season like they were last night, we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

It's a shame although there is obvious cause for some concern, those without the stomach for being a football supporter are carrying on like we are losing 4 or 5-0 every week.

Blah Blah Blah ... we lost
Hyppia needs to play to the teams strengths and not some idealistic romantic formation which he see's as his own personal mecca. If he did change the results would soon pick-up

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I can assure you that the position I find my club in hurts me very much and along with other bedwetters, as we were named by posters just like you, are sadly having their fears realised. People just like you were very happy to take the p*ss because they stated their fears and you might be a little more careful about name calling in future and actually realise there are people with alternative views to yours.

Well people who are as hurt as you claim to be don't tend to gloat when their team loses.

As for name calling, I don't think I ever really used the term bedwetters. However, you seem happy to use the terms lickers, which really invalidates your point.

Finally, what should I learn? Presumably, it's something along the lines of moan all summer (offering nothing constructive) about the lack of transfers and not give the club the chance to bring in players. The attitude of you and others on here all summer was pathetic. You weren't right. The majority were right to give the club time to sort it out. They have failed to do so now and it's fair to judge. It wasn't in early June when people like you started moaning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blah Blah Blah ... we lost
Hyppia needs to play to the teams strengths and not some idealistic romantic formation which he see's as his own personal mecca. If he did change the results would soon pick-up

Yes you're quite right we lost, but the other team gets paid too.

I doubt Hyypia's tactics involve Greer's og, a superb strike, and a penalty.
The idealistic romantic formation contained free scoring Bournemouth well, as well as creating opportunities at the other end.

If, big IF, Burke and Sami have lined up 2 players for the first week of January, that TB believes can create and score goals, we could and should have 2 very different seasons in one.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

And no matter which way you spin it, we have still only won 2 games all season so far and not one since August.

A point a game average is guaranteed relegation-by a big margin.

What is your definition of being out played? Bournemouth were way better than our lot who look poorly coached, bereft of ideas and clueless which is outplayed to me.

No confidence.
No goals.

Where do these two essential requirements come from?

We came from behind twice which is an improvement but acquitting ourselves well is not how I'd describe it.

Again, does this not come from poor coaching?

Stop blaming the supporters for not having a stomach and look at how piss poor the whole playing side are-we are 1 place above the relegation zone and looking lke the most clueless side in the division and supporters 'are carrying on'?

How much more 'ploppy' do you want to wade through? A third of a season is enough for me.

We have some of the best training facilities in English football. Sadly we appear to have the poorest coaching team in the division using it.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes you're quite right we lost, but the other team gets paid too.

I doubt Hyypia's tactics involve Greer's og, a superb strike, and a penalty.
The idealistic romantic formation contained free scoring Bournemouth well, as well as creating opportunities at the other end.

If, big IF, Burke and Sami have lined up 2 players for the first week of January, that TB believes can create and score goals, we could and should have 2 very different seasons in one.

Hope your right Stat ... Maybe Benno will be one of them or on top off, here's hoping

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
We have some of the best training facilities in English football. Sadly we appear to have the poorest coaching team in the division using it.

Can we even be sure that we can blame the coaches if the players are incapable of doing what the coaches want.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can we even be sure that we can blame the coaches if the players are incapable of doing what the coaches want.

The players are professional footballers-they should be capable of following instructions. Remember how El Abd responded to coaching and became one of the first names on the team sheet?

If the current squad ARE incapable of doing what the coaches want, what the hell are they doing earning a living as footballers at our club? Takes us back to recruitment again doesn't it?

Let's hope all concerned can turn things around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4 months ago we had the worst facilities in the division.
We're talking about a building and land in Lancing not Narnia.

It will prove to be a fantastic investment but its not a magical mythical place of instant points.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
4 months ago we had the worst facilities in the division.
We're talking about a building and land in Lancing not Narnia.

It will prove to be a fantastic investment but its not a magical mythical place of instant points.

Of course it isn't Narnia. What it is is a training facility that should allow coaches and medical staff to get the best out of players on a perfect, full size replica of The Amex pitch.

Not working is it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A point a game average is guaranteed relegation-by a big margin.

No it isn't. Last season two teams averaged one point or less per game and didn't get relegated. Over the past 19 seasons, the lowest surviving teams finished with 49 points or less 9 times. On average, 22nd (relegated) place is 47 points, or 1.02 points per game. 21st (safe) place 49.6 points, or 1.08 points per game, but that is averages, sometimes it's a little higher, sometimes a little lower.

A point a game is not ideal, it will likely lead to relegation, but it is not guaranteed, and it is not a long distance from where you need to be to survive.

Though since we're currently averaging 0.87 points per game, that bit of pedantry is moot.

Funny how they all go quiet when good things happen at the club. It's like they want things to be bad so they can moan, it is quite bizarre. There must be a medical term for a condition that makes someone long for bad times so they can be miserable, and silent during good times. Oh yes there is- bedwetter.

This being my personal favourite.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Of course it isn't Narnia. What it is is a training facility that should allow coaches and medical staff to get the best out of players on a perfect, full size replica of The Amex pitch.

Not working is it?

Could it be we are getting the best out of them, but the squad assembled is just not good enough even at their best?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here