Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedwetters gone quiet

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Some monstrous sized egg on face on this thread.

The club have royally ballsed up recruitment this season and there is no escaping the fact despite Hyppia trying his hardest to make the situation even worse with school yard tactics. Tactics incidently many of the people on this thread where hailing as wonderful about a month ago despite it not getting us any victories.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I always said the new signings were poor, Baldock never pulled up any trees for West Ham in the Championship and is another League 1 calibre striker at best like CMS, O'Grady was a bizarre signing and a panic buy and would never be good enough for a play off chasing team, Holla is not as good as his fans make out and if he was that good would have been snapped up by a better team than us, McCourt hopeless overrated as he has a beard and his play on Saturday showed he would never be good enough for us, Stockdale was a good signing and i'm sure he will come good, Toko another Dobbie bizarre waste of money and Hughes seems pointless now that Dunk and Greer have cemented their places.
Dunk and Greer could cement places upfront at this rate

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Some monstrous sized egg on face on this thread.

The club have royally ballsed up recruitment this season and there is no escaping the fact despite Hyppia trying his hardest to make the situation even worse with school yard tactics. Tactics incidently many of the people on this thread where hailing as wonderful about a month ago despite it not getting us any victories.

They are all staying quiet I wonder why, maybe its not because we are top of the league like most were spouting

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Much as I deplore one group of Brighton supporters calling other groups of Brighton supporters derogatory names..........shouldn't this thread now be re-named 'Lickers gone quiet'?

Mods, please action!

In defence of the bed-dryers, it did look good with that quickfire Leeds-Bolton 6 points, but we can see now we beat two crisis managerial regimes.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
11 signings ....

7 new players in 11 days, to complete our PROMOTION WINNING SQUAD

Where are you? Should've kept the faith

Everytime we fail to gain points and look to be further in trouble, I like to read this post and the posts of the many other blue and white tinted glasses wearing, can I say lickers amongst them?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I've just read this thread in full. It's interesting to see how the tables have turned.

I think we've had problems for a while. For me the low points were when Gus and Oscar left as they told us about problems behind the scenes. True Gus was an a**hole and Oscar a bit boring but each time we stepped a bit further downhill and failed to sign and retain players. In retrospect Oscar did an aka ing job last year, not least in bringing through young players.

The board mean well and Tony has invested in the. club. However he has gambled with the team. The late signings meant the team didn't gel together and were very risky. In the last few years two strikers -FFS Murray and Ulloa have been successful. The rest who've come and gone have been poor or worse. This time they are all poor. For a couple of years we got lucky in defence, getting the likes of Bridge Bruno and Upson. This year the defensive signings havent worked. Most of all we signed three unproven young managers. Two of them worked out ok, but the third one has been less successful.

I'm a supporter of Tony, but putting together a football team is not a poker game. We need to play safe every so often and good players who cost a bit of money. We may now need a manager who knows how to keep us in this division. I think the board may learn the lesson this time. Sami and Burke may have to answer for the current situation but I think both deserve another transfer window. Meanwhile let's all enjoy the season and hope we avoid relegation

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes but the latest thing to troll out is that we have only lost by the odd goal in most matches, just in case hey haven't realised losing by the odd goal still means zero points, zilch, nothing but never mind its entertaining football they will say - must admit the last few games at the Amex have been anything but they have been even poorer than under Oscar I would say.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes but the latest thing to troll out is that we have only lost by the odd goal in most matches, just in case hey haven't realised losing by the odd goal still means zero points, zilch, nothing but never mind its entertaining football they will say - must admit the last few games at the Amex have been anything but they have been even poorer than under Oscar I would say.

Yes. Similar to Ashley Barnes penalties not being real goals.....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've just read this thread in full. It's interesting to see how the tables have turned.

I think we've had problems for a while. For me the low points were when Gus and Oscar left as they told us about problems behind the scenes. True Gus was an a**hole and Oscar a bit boring but each time we stepped a bit further downhill and failed to sign and retain players. In retrospect Oscar did an aka ing job last year, not least in bringing through young players.

The board mean well and Tony has invested in the. club. However he has gambled with the team. The late signings meant the team didn't gel together and were very risky. In the last few years two strikers -FFS Murray and Ulloa have been successful. The rest who've come and gone have been poor or worse. This time they are all poor. For a couple of years we got lucky in defence, getting the likes of Bridge Bruno and Upson. This year the defensive signings havent worked. Most of all we signed three unproven young managers. Two of them worked out ok, but the third one has been less successful.

I'm a supporter of Tony, but putting together a football team is not a poker game. We need to play safe every so often and good players who cost a bit of money. We may now need a manager who knows how to keep us in this division. I think the board may learn the lesson this time. Sami and Burke may have to answer for the current situation but I think both deserve another transfer window. Meanwhile let's all enjoy the season and hope we avoid relegation

For me, this is the most accurate assessment of the situation. Spot on.

I'd also add that TB, whilst a fan, is also a businessman. He is trying to create a valuable asset. Yes, the club may lose money at the moment, but imagine what a premiership team with valuable real estate in the form of hotels etc would be worth? TB is part fan, but he can also be dispassionate and see this for what it is. Your point about football not being a poker game is right. TB has had two seasons of success and he has be lulled into thinking it would naturally follow again, and so, he thought he (and the management team) could do it by cutting corners.

Hyypia is not the right man for the job. Totally unproven, and the little evidence that exists from his previous role suggests he may not make a manager. If I were TB - and acting dispassionately - I wouldn't be handing him cash to spend in the next window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here