Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Become an NSC Supporter. If you want. It's entirely optional. No-one has to.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Any movement on the 'buy me a coffee ' option?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
NSC has become practically unusable tonight if I sign out - I’ve never seen so many ads or pop ups - have I downloaded some malware on to my ipad (which I thought was practically impossible) or is this normal?

IMG_0803.png

IMG_0804.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any movement on the 'buy me a coffee ' option?
Thanks for asking.

Errm, slowly - I'll make sure I take a look this week.

edit: I just went to a look before I submitted this post and it looks like I set up a page some time back, but never used it, which is quite embarrassing on several levels!

It's this, apparently...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC has become practically unusable tonight if I sign out - I’ve never seen so many ads or pop ups - have I downloaded some malware on to my ipad (which I thought was practically impossible) or is this normal?

View attachment 170540

View attachment 170541
Yeah, that's really shit.

Firstly, guests will always have more ads, and I make no apology for that. There should even be a banner at the top of the page that says if you register most of them go away, which they do.

But I'd been trialling some sort of Google "auto ads" thing, but hadn't turned off the existing ads and it looks like it's gone loopy. I'll look at it today!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was thinking about that, mind you could be worth it I haven't had a decent beer in years.

@Bozza how are the subs going, hopefully, you are at least covering costs now?
The take-up has been amazing and very humbling, and is a great help. 😊

Thanks so much for being part of that.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks for asking.

Errm, slowly - I'll make sure I take a look this week.

edit: I just went to a look before I submitted this post and it looks like I set up a page some time back, but never used it, which is quite embarrassing on several levels!

It's this, apparently...

Done Sir.

Thank you

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yeah, that's really shit.

Firstly, guests will always have more ads, and I make no apology for that. There should even be a banner at the top of the page that says if you register most of them go away, which they do.

But I'd been trialling some sort of Google "auto ads" thing, but hadn't turned off the existing ads and it looks like it's gone loopy. I'll look at it today!
I didn’t think it was the site @Bozza - there was never this many ads even as a guest (ssh I thought I may have downloaded something from a dodgy stream when I was watching AEK) 😎 that was why I was asking if anyone thought I downloaded any malware. I had cleared cookies, history etc and it was still awful. However, when I turned off my ipad and then restarted it, it cleared and went back to normal so maybe was a some sort of malware or it just coincided with something you did to resolve it. It is fine now, so thank you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm just bringing this back from Community Announcements for a short time, as someone has just contacted me to say they had no idea this was a thing.

Yes, this is a thing.

As per the opening post, no-one has to do this, and people have a lot of important things to spend their hard-earned money on. You may also think I'm a scrounging chancer, looking to part people with their money to keep me well-stocked in cider and running shoes. All of these things are OK.

But if you love NSC being here, if it brings you value and if you want to help directly support it you can do so by GOING HERE.

And to those who already have or are - thank you very much 🙏 - ad rates are terrible at the beginning of the year and your support has made a real difference.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm just bringing this back from Community Announcements for a short time, as someone has just contacted me to say they had no idea this was a thing.

Yes, this is a thing.

As per the opening post, no-one has to do this, and people have a lot of important things to spend their hard-earned money on. You may also think I'm a scrounging chancer, looking to part people with their money to keep me well-stocked in cider and running shoes. All of these things are OK.

But if you love NSC being here, if it brings you value and if you want to help directly support it you can do so by GOING HERE.

And to those who already have or are - thank you very much 🙏 - ad rates are terrible at the beginning of the year and your support has made a real difference.
Can I have a proportionate refund for the number of threads I have on ignore ? :laugh: :laugh:

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004

Yes, this is a thing.

Sorry Bozza I missed this before and happy to pay something as come on here everyday

Can I just check - im not bothered by ads or changing posts etc, if I go for the £5 a month option (before I clicked the link I thought £5 would be fair!) I assume this £5 comes to you and doesn’t have anything to do with ads etc?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry Bozza I missed this before and happy to pay something as come on here everyday

Can I just check - im not bothered by ads or changing posts etc, if I go for the £5 a month option (before I clicked the link I thought £5 would be fair!) I assume this £5 comes to you and doesn’t have anything to do with ads etc?
Yes. Ish.

Paypal take 45p from that £5 for processing the payment, and some VAT then goes off to HMRC, But other than those unavoidable deductions, the money goes straight to NSC.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Going ad-free is well worth the cost of a pint (or Starbucks coffee!!) per month, and helps NSC which I’ve had more than my money’s worth from over the years in support, advice and entertainment.

It’s a no-brainer to me if funds allow.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I did not know about this, so when I get home tonight I, will be subscribing so I can support the site and our glorious leader.

Love you all*

*except that individual I have on ignore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here