Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Become an NSC Supporter. If you want. It's entirely optional. No-one has to.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does NSC turn a profit through advertising revenue? Is there a possibility that the volume of pop ups will reduce for guests if ad revenue generated is offset via these means?
Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.

Ad rates have fallen and adblocker usage has risen sharply. If an ad isn't viewed, it doesn't pay.

Ads for guests are always going to be more intrusive, but I've never hidden that. The top-of-page message used to be long-winded about NSC is being the biggest and best Albion fans site blah blah blah. I got rid of all that and it now simply says "Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us..."

So, there's no secret about the trade-off, and you don't even need to post.

There are two quite intrusive ad types for guests. The first is a Sky Sports player that may show a video ad before it plays the actual Sky Sports football content. The other is a vignette which displays as you navigate between pages but can be immediately dismissed, but only once an hour so most users would only get that once, as the average session time on the site is about 15 minutes.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Yours was 28 so I upped it to 30 as I thought you just wanted to add an apostrophe.

I've upped it again to 40 so, a week from now, you can change it again if you want!
Cheers m’duck

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can you change your username to one that was previously used by someone else?

Thinking about becoming the new Mohammed (I'm Hard) Bruce Lee - iconic username and if anyone asks for washing machine advice I can tell them to try switching it off and back on again.
At the moment, previously-used usernames aren't reserved, so can be used by someone else.

Be aware of that If you think "I'll change my name for a joke and then change it back next week"...

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Can you change your username to one that was previously used by someone else?

Thinking about becoming the new Mohammed (I'm Hard) Bruce Lee - iconic username and if anyone asks for washing machine advice I can tell them to try switching it off and back on again.
I’m going to change my name to @WATFORD zero if he decides to dump it - then berate myself for having a history of multiple usernames :lolol: (😉)

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve changed mine , i seem to of got the old users moderating privldledges. Time to settle a few old scores.

Regards , DR
:lolol:

That was my biggest NSC LOL of the year. A genuine roar.

NSC has been good to me, so I have subscribed for a committed monthly period for the next 12 months and will review.

I am going to change this username too. I liked it at first, but I've grown less keen. I'm working out what to retire it for.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.

Ad rates have fallen and adblocker usage has risen sharply. If an ad isn't viewed, it doesn't pay.

Ads for guests are always going to be more intrusive, but I've never hidden that. The top-of-page message used to be long-winded about NSC is being the biggest and best Albion fans site blah blah blah. I got rid of all that and it now simply says "Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us..."

So, there's no secret about the trade-off, and you don't even need to post.

There are two quite intrusive ad types for guests. The first is a Sky Sports player that may show a video ad before it plays the actual Sky Sports football content. The other is a vignette which displays as you navigate between pages but can be immediately dismissed, but only once an hour so most users would only get that once, as the average session time on the site is about 15 minutes.
I subscribed, not to get some virtue signifying message next to my name (please can it be removed), but rather because I use Duck Duck Go to get rid of adverts and tracking cookies etc.
So, I have not actually noticed any difference to my actual experience, but now don't have the guilt of being a free rider on your excellent labour of love.

Thanks for all that you do.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I subscribed, not to get some virtue signifying message next to my name (please can it be removed), but rather because I use Duck Duck Go to get rid of adverts and tracking cookies etc.
So, I have not actually noticed any difference to my actual experience, but now don't have the guilt of being a free rider on your excellent labour of love.

Thanks for all that you do.
NSC Licker extraordinaire seems quite apt!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think I’m all set up now. Done the £5 a month one.

Who do I have to lick?

Do I get to swear at people and call everyone who voted Leave names?

I jest.

Well worth a fiver a month. I know I’m a bit of a tit on here and rarely talk football but I do enjoy it and very happy to contribute to the general upkeep of NSC.

Have a peaceful Sunday all.

👍

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Funnily enough, I was just thinking about that and I think it's only fair to send a refund, yes.
Refund them in penny's.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just signed up for the monthly.

As a saints fan, I spend a lot more time on here than saints forum, as I find all the threads interesting and insightful ( most of the time ) and enjoy the forum.

Keep up the good work 👍🏻
Its never too late.

I get it, once upon a time you fell in love with Stains...... we all make mistakes!

But now your love of fantastic high flying NSC vis-a-vis lower league pants saintsweb, is also a tale of 2 southcoast clubs.

As an NSC Licker Extraordinaire, all it takes is a cheeky little name edit to Bowers-BHA and its done.

You've come half way may as well just dive right in.

Put all that misplaced past behind you and we won't even force you to like Nathan Jones 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here