Votes: 130 38.6%
  • No, never seen him in the stripes

Votes: 29 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Remember vividly the buzz of going to the Theatre of Trees every home game knowing that Zamora would be playing. Rarely disappointed.

Also remember well his first game back in a West Ham shirt - he looked embarrassed to be playing for the opposition - and suitably muted in his performance. He just loves the Albion.

Can't remember which game it was when he came back to Withdean on crutches and said "maybe one one day I'll be back". Well that day has come - I really hope he is the inspiration that drags a few of the other in-and-out players to up their game. This has to be the advantage, not the hundreds of goals he'll score now, but how the others respond to his quality, presence and commitment.

He can teach them how to become a true hero.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
That goal against Halifax...I just remember being right behind in F block in the South it as it took an age to come down...the way Bobby struck the ball, although it was only a few yards out, was sublime and something that made most of us realise what a special player he was going to be.

However what I'm most excited about it the influence he will have on players like Akindayini, Harper & Hambo.

It's likely that he will be a squad player but my god what a buzz people will get when he comes on.

I never thought about getting a players name on the back of my shirt, but I'm seriously tempted.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
STH with my son every year at Withdean. I don't know what he did to deserve such harsh treatment. But you know what as awful as it was sometimes I do somehow miss it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I missed ONE game in the first Championship winning season. Halifax at home.

I didn't miss much. Well, except THIS:

[yt]ZUlJ-5t4x0E&start=92[/yt]

FFS. :nono:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I loved the first game where he came to us on loan, think it was at withers and we'd only just got Paul Brooker and the two of them combined beautifully in a 2-1 or 2-0 win. Not sure who it was against or if it was the actual Zamora debut. I used to drink a bit too much in them days.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Not a STH but around 10-15 games a season home and away over that period.

Missed a lot of his finest goals, but one of his assists i do remember. Think it was Reading away - A long kick out (Can that be Kuipers?!) and whilst holding off a defender, with his back to their goal, he knew that Brooker was running through, and he chested it beautifully into his path for a goal.
The goals will be great, but It's that kind of link up play we need too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
STH at the time.. happy days! :)

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
You bet. I even sang "bring on the champions" at Southend (after signing him but just before we lost...)..

Christ, I remember that. I was at a BBQ that evening after the Southend game with Micky Adams, and he was absolutely fuming at that chant - turned out we were right of course but didn't feel like crossing him about it that evening!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm probably the only person who had a season ticket every year we were at Withdean but never to have one at Falmer. Not for any reason other than moving overseas. But now I'm BACK and I can't deny it, with our Bobster back, I'm tempted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here