Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Darren Clarke must be nailed on to win now?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Would have thought so

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was 6/4 a little while ago (ie a few minutes back) at extrabet.com - come in to 13/10 already.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
f***ing golfers can f*** OFF!

Come On MONTY :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst not wanting to trivialise what Darren Clarks has gone through in his private life, if he gets the award it sums up all that is wrong with the Sports Personality BINFEST every year.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The sad fact is that very few people who win sports personality of the year actually have one, they just happen to have excelled at their own discipline during that year.

Problem is that "most dedicated and successfull sports person, not necessarily displaying any form of interesting personality, of the year" doesn't have any form of ring to it.

My money would be on Zara Phillips

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
El Presidente said:
Whilst not wanting to trivialise what Darren Clarks has gone through in his private life, if he gets the award it sums up all that is wrong with the Sports Personality BINFEST every year.

What he said. What if Monty Panesar's mum and dad had died before he skittled Pakistan? Would a double personal tragedy make him more worthy of the award?

The whole thing is a load of brylcreemed bollocks on stilts. In fact, I'm not even sure why I'm talking about it now, instead of going to bed.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not going to go near it. There have been about seven 'clear' favourites in the past six weeks, which goes to show the underlying lack of an obvious strong candidate. Every time anyone does anything remotely good, they're the new favourite.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Would be a disgrace if Clarke wins. Yesterday was a great story and Im full of respect for how he played in the circumstances, but if he wins the award it will be purely because his wife recently died, which is way wrong.

I think hed be embarrased to win it and doubt he wants to.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Darren Clarke - shoe-in. Everybody was saying how he'd have to miss the Ryder Cup after his wife died - only six weeks ago, ffs - but to play at all and to play as well as he did was sheer emotional and sporting magic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here