Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BBC Predict the PL Table

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
premier-league-table-2021-final-77dd0c2357df8ea03bd4e23defcf490f.jpg

Could be very tight at the bottom. Anyone from 11th to 18th to go down with Norwich and Palace. Almost like two leagues, top half and bottom half.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
hi Icy - how many long term injuries (out for > 6 weeks) to key players have we had in the last 3-4 years ?

I don’t keep a diary on it! :lolol:

May be my imagination but we do seem to have a had quite few of our best players out over the last year for quite a few weeks, some months, one for two years

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's difficult to see us finishing below Brentford, Watford, Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Burnley

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Almost impossible to predict given we had a better record vs the top 7 teams than we did against the bottom 7 teams last season!

FWIW - I think Wolves, Southampton, Palace, Burnley and the promoted teams will all be down there. I hope we will be out of it. So many positives to take from last season I hope that continues into this year.

Can't really see past the usual candidates for the title - but I do have a sneaking suspicion that either Utd or Chelsea could "pip Pep" to the title with a strong end to the transfer window. Grealish is great no doubt, but I'm really not sure he improves City that much compared to what they already have in their squad.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
hi Icy - how many long term injuries (out for > 6 weeks) to key players have we had in the last 3-4 years ?

Not that I’m overly suspicious, but I bet you’ve checked to see Webster and Welbeck were out for 5 weeks before you picked 6 weeks as your cut off. I haven’t checked, but it just strikes me as a remarkably CJ thing to do.

Yoda

English & European
I feel West Ham could struggle to finish top half at the moment, what with European football and only really having Antonio to rely on up front if the rumour of Yarmolenko leaving is true.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not that I’m overly suspicious, but I bet you’ve checked to see Webster and Welbeck were out for 5 weeks before you picked 6 weeks as your cut off. I haven’t checked, but it just strikes me as a remarkably CJ thing to do.

I did !
We were about 10th in the PL table for absentees last season (skewed a bit by Izquierdo). And better in the previous 2 .
Not sure we're that injury prone.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I did !
We were about 10th in the PL table for absentees last season (skewed a bit by Izquierdo). And better in the previous 2 .
Not sure we're that injury prone.

:lol: so predictable.

I suspect our injuries feel worse as we’re so thin in certain areas, such as using a system with wing backs but only have one for each side thus resorting a back 5 of centre backs.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Man City
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Leicester
7. Aston Villa
8. West Ham
9. Tottenham
10. Leeds
11. Newcastle
12. Brighton
13. Burnley
14. Everton
15. Wolves
16. Watford
17. Southampton
18. Brentford
19. Crystal Palace
20. Norwich

No prizes for predicting Norwich to finish 20th. They might even do well to finish that high.

SAC

May 21, 2014
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man U
4. Leicester
5. Liverpool
6. Arse
7. Tottenham
8. Everton
9. Aston Villa
10. West Ham