[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
More a case of being a year too soon for Rushworth and Beadle, rather than 'not impressive enough'.
Maybe, but Rushworth is 22 and Beadle will be 19 by the start of the season. Add to that McGill who is 23 and they are all older than some of the talent that was been thrown into – and did bloody well – outfield positions last season. Not to mention BV is younger than two of the three mentioned above!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Maybe, but Rushworth is 22 and Beadle will be 19 by the start of the season. Add to that McGill who is 23 and they are all older than some of the talent that was been thrown into – and did bloody well – outfield positions last season. Not to mention BV is younger than two of the three mentioned above!
Players don't develop in a straight line. Steele has just had the best season of is career at the age of 32.
McGill is happy to stay at the club to be the #3 - Rushworth who is the England u21 #2 is looking to play #1 for a side this season and he won't get that at the Albion. Beadle is likely to get that at Oxford. And Sanchez is not happy sitting on the bench so will be sold. And Verbruggen is here with an eye to the future, will presumably come in to be the #2 and play the cup games , potentially more, at least and fits the RDZ style And i guess the club want to see more from Scherpen or he's not in favour - so a further loan for him.
(and presumably club can recall keepers if they need to )

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Believe he is in the top 20 most expensive goalies of all time

(And still many think he won't be first choice !)

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
If we want to be competitive in this upcoming season, with 4 competitions involved, then we obviously need to improve our squad depth.
The signing of Bart Verbruggen is a great example, as he will be a likely candidate to be Brighton's #1 against Steele.
Plus, he has both international and European pedigree so that will be useful for us; all in all an amazing player for only £16.3m.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did that fabrio announce this or is he just sticking to bull shit made up stories about caciedo

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If all you care about is money, maybe.
A bet doesn't have to be about money but there has to be some sort of reward in return for the risk, e.g. I bet loads have had bets with their partners where the loser changes the nappies for the next 24 hours. A bet where I don't get any reward is pointless.

You can pay my monthly direct debits to charity for August if you lose, if you really want?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My Dutch/ajax supporting mate hates 80% of players. Including veltman / bassey and kudus.

He loves this guy. Feels like a top top signing.
Surely he meant to say that he was shitehouse?
As an aside, his spoken English is amazing (having just watched the official vid on the club website)

Why is it that every person from Holland seems to speak amazing English, even though they've never lived here?!!! Mightly impressive

P.S. Do you think he's the first goalie EVER to do 'keepy uppies' in his 'welcome to the new club' promo?!!!
They hate the Germans, so are less keen to learn that, but the three languages (german, dutch, english) all have the same roots, with english and dutch being the closest two. They're not over-keen on the French, so don't bother with that. They're taught English from a very early stage and travel a lot. And as another poster said, they have a lot of American telly - but also they have subtitles rather than dubbing, which helps.

When I lived over there for a while I tried speaking a bit of Dutch, but it was hopeless - because whatever I said, they responded in English. About the only thing I routinely got right was Twee bier mit nee schuim alstublieft, as that was essential to get a full glass.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Players don't develop in a straight line. Steele has just had the best season of is career at the age of 32.
McGill is happy to stay at the club to be the #3 - Rushworth who is the England u21 #2 is looking to play #1 for a side this season and he won't get that at the Albion. Beadle is likely to get that at Oxford. And Sanchez is not happy sitting on the bench so will be sold. And Verbruggen is here with an eye to the future, will presumably come in to be the #2 and play the cup games , potentially more, at least and fits the RDZ style And i guess the club want to see more from Scherpen or he's not in favour - so a further loan for him.
(and presumably club can recall keepers if they need to )
Er yeah. So all of that kinda ties into my 'not impressive enough' conclusion...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports