[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Steele is likely to start the season as first choice. Bart will have plenty of opportunities to get game time in cup games. However we haven't signed him to play second fiddle so at some point over the coming months he will stake a claim for the gloves

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only in January!

I think Scherpen is probably a gonna as far as an Albion career is concerned.
Keepers can be recalled if the playing one gets an injury..
I think if Steele, Verbruggen and McGill were all injured (and Big Bob gone) it would be Rushworth who would get the recall before Scherpen. Rushworth is a top keeper in the making, out to gain experience - Scherpen's loan is more of a shop-window loan.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Press conference today, RDZ said the 2 goalkeepers would split it 50/50 with Steele starting tomorrow.
Bit strange to rotate them each week.

There must be one better than the other?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Press conference today, RDZ said the 2 goalkeepers would split it 50/50 with Steele starting tomorrow.

Between now and December 1st we've got 13 league games, 5 Europa League games, and 1 or 2 League Cup games. So a cup keeper would get a third of games anyway, and maybe thats what RDZ means.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Between now and December 1st we've got 13 league games, 5 Europa League games, and 1 or 2 League Cup games. So a cup keeper would get a third of games anyway, and maybe thats what RDZ means.
I'd imagine this is a likely format. Steele starts as the Premier League keeper with Bart gathering game time in other competitions until he is ready to take the jersey. Surely he has been signed as the long term choice

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

There will be - just not yet.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
What an impressive young man this guy is. Only just turned 21 and despite his error today, he didn't allow it to affect him and ultimately had a very good game.

Jimmy Grimble

Although it was mostly his fault, Dahoud didn’t give him a great angle for the pass.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
These mistakes happen when playing out from the back, although I must admit I'm not fully sold on RDZ's rotating goalie policy; Bart was given few passing options in the first half due to B'muff's well implemented tactics and our lack of movement so can't criticise him too much for the error. Seems a lad with his head screwed on & a desire to keep learning and improving

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports