Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm glad he did that. have to say young Bart is starting to try my patience. We are so much in need of an upgrade on Steele but Bart is just not doing enough to consign him to full time bench-warming. He insists on playing little triangle passes regardless, and messing up quite a few, whereas Jason is booting the thing half the time. If Jason 'I'm in the team for my footwork' Steele can keep booting the ball out of play, so can Bart now and again when we're under serious pressure. Secondly, Steele is barely getting to any shot hit towards the corners, but we expect that. We do need Bart to start plucking some worldies out of the corners to get that spot full-time though.

So yeah, glad he did that one.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Look at the clip from another angle. The trajectory and spin on the ball is altered upwards. It’s an astonishing save.
This.

Keepers get too much criticism for relatively small mistakes. Tough when a piece of complete brilliance (equal to Facu's strike for his goal) goes mainly unnoticed....

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
In all the euphoria def think he should have saved their goal. Really hope Rushworths path Isn’t blocked by this guy.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Keepers develop a little bit slower than outfield players I think. He's doing well and showing he's decent but think he needs till the end of NEXT season before we decide he's not a top 6-10 keeper in the making. He deserves to be in the PL already and really just how much he's going to imrove his consistency etc. that will determine if he can stay ahead of others we develop or buy.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Bart is 20/21. I'd be amazed if Rushworth is anywhere near his level. GKs are harshly treated. He's a child in terms of his position and already an international. A fantastic talent.
Agree with this.
I've watched it back, and it's a world class save if he stops it.
Think the lads doing just fine given his age and the fact he hasn't had a consistent run of games.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Rushworth an England level gk for his age and this guy gives goals away for fun With his feet and should have saved that today. Rushworth and Beadle look the real deal wouldn’t be surprised to see Bart shipped out for small profit end of season, he’s a pound shop Steele. He’s no where near what we thought we were buying.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In all the euphoria def think he should have saved their goal. Really hope Rushworths path Isn’t blocked by this guy.
Wow.

See thread bumped, assumed it would be glowing positive. But focusing on a perceived negative?

He was excellent today, great passing and assured with gloves, couple of saves, handled crosses well and I don't agree "he should've saved" their goal.

It was a good cross and a very good header by Mateta. We should've cut out the cross.

I don't think Verbruggen, Steele, Henderson or Johnstone would've saved it.

Nothing to see here.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Rushworth an England level gk for his age and this guy gives goals away for fun With his feet and should have saved that today. Rushworth and Beadle look the real deal wouldn’t be surprised to see Bart shipped out for small profit end of season, he’s a pound shop Steele. He’s no where near what we thought we were buying.
Really,are you taking the piss!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here