Votes: 129 48.5%
  • Out

Votes: 115 43.2%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 22 8.3%

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I have no inside info - so I don't know anything about staff morale. I suspect it is difficult to reign back on expenditure, and sack people without upsetting people.

If Barber doesn't know (or doesn't care) he seems to have recruited someone who is looking to address these issues.

If the chief executive doesn't know or doesn't care he shouldn't be there.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
But what is the answer?

We're all kicking off about selling our best players, not spending money on a squad to challenge toward the top…..and yet we also kick off how expensive a day out it is. How can this two extremes be resolved?

A. Thai politician
B. Russian oligarch
C. Gulf sheikh
D. American sports-management consortium

Under all, or any, of whom, we'll all be loved again, treated like supporters, not customers, and an era of good feelings, Withdean-style, will inevitably ensue.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Other than a lot of invented nonsense about him from people with an agenda against him, i see no reason why he should be removed and as far as i can tell, he has been doing exactly what Bloom wants him to do, otherwise Bloom would have taken action to change what he does (new guidance or dismissal)

It's pathetic how many want to destablise this club now we are finally starting to build a secure, long term foundation.

You'd have thought that nearly losing the club would be enough to make fans want to see the club build these types of foundations but seeing as we missed out on the play-offs, and the new level of expectation that this has brought out in some, it seems they would rather that we gamble and risk it all just to get their own sense of satisfaction from watching the big clubs in the Premier League. their views are based on their personal desires and nothing the club has ever promised to deliver and when the club don't meet their desires they see it as a club with problems and anyone working for the club who isn't delivering their desires (however unreasonable) then they have to go in their eyes and will create stuff in an attempt prove their case and make more people join their bandwaggon

I was wondering how long it would take GF. Club employee post again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But what is the answer?

We're all kicking off about selling our best players, not spending money on a squad to challenge toward the top…..and yet we also kick off how expensive a day out it is. How can this two extremes be resolved?

I too think it's too expensive, but the location we were forced to build on means it's expensive to run, expensive to subsidise the transport. How does the club make our match day experience cheaper, but also the team more competitive?

The only real answer to that as I see it is to start to have a treadmill of future stars emerging from the academy and we start making some serious money (like Southampton) on talent we bring through and sell on. But that isn't going to suddenly happen over night.

While you're correct we also need to stay (at minimum) in The Championship while we wait.

As for Mr Barber, well the bloke's a bit unlucky isn't he. To cycle through managers at a rate of knots at Spurs and then to see Vancouver Whitecaps players and coaches not do the business on the field when he was in charge there, well that was unfortunate enough. To have BOTH then happen at the Albion, well, his underlings are really letting him down. Poor guy must have smashed a few mirrors at the FA.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What is the beef if GF is an employee ? Is he/she not allowed an opinion, but we do take note when an anonymous manager says something unsubstantiated and negative.

Depends if he is paid to post on this forum. Makes a slight difference I think.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In, but he needs rebriefing.

Definitely.

He is clearly talented with corporate speak, dealing with like minded corporates from big brands and sponsors and no doubt says all the right things within that environment.

The complete mistake of his is to take that same rhetoric into the public arena and to supporters in particular.

Maybe not spin, but certainly in presentation he could better communicate with supporters, and understand that brand loyalty isn't the same thing as club loyalty (even though in marketing terms they are the same really).

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I have no inside info - so I don't know anything about staff morale. I suspect it is difficult to reign back on expenditure, and sack people without upsetting people.

If Barber doesn't know (or doesn't care) he seems to have recruited someone who is looking to address these issues.

Do you mean his old Buddy from Canada. How much did it cost bringing him over in pies and pints? Nice scapegoat for Barber though if he fails to put more bums on seats.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Definitely.

He is clearly talented with corporate speak, dealing with like minded corporates from big brands and sponsors and no doubt says all the right things within that environment.

The complete mistake of his is to take that same rhetoric into the public arena and to supporters in particular.

Maybe not spin, but certainly in presentation he could better communicate with supporters, and understand that brand loyalty isn't the same thing as club loyalty (even though in marketing terms they are the same really).

Agree 100%

The first thing he should do is support the creation of an Independent Supporters Trust with representation at Board level.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think we all know about the Albion finances these days.
Which makes it hard to swallow, they can do nothing but wave it off as it heads into the sunset,...by that I mean the ship that carries all the goodwill, enthusiasm and pure fan loyalty on board.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I fail to see how the results and way we play can be laid at PB feet.

*sigh*

Because two managers left under him? Because he was involved in appointing the current clown? Because there is a negative atmosphere in the stands and dressing room because of said clown that has put us on a downward spiral? Because he's defacto in charge of the club during every January transfer window.

You could just as well argue these are Tony Bloom's errors to be fair but Poyet was a dead man walking from the second Barber was appointed and he didn't exactly turn round to Tony and say "you know what. there's interest in me from Premier Leage and other Major League sides and I would really clash with your on field manager so thanks but no thanks".

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
So not strange that he knew Barber and worked with him there and was there really no one qualified in this country to do the job?

Why is it strange ? I don't think they worked together in Canada (based on the Albion Roar) - but anyway, is there a problem bringing in someone you know can do the job you need. I wish thay had done that with Hyypia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here