• Out

Votes: 115 43.2%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 22 8.3%

• Total voters

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Other than a lot of invented nonsense about him from people with an agenda against him, i see no reason why he should be removed and as far as i can tell, he has been doing exactly what Bloom wants him to do, otherwise Bloom would have taken action to change what he does (new guidance or dismissal)

It's pathetic how many want to destablise this club now we are finally starting to build a secure, long term foundation.

You'd have thought that nearly losing the club would be enough to make fans want to see the club build these types of foundations but seeing as we missed out on the play-offs, and the new level of expectation that this has brought out in some, it seems they would rather that we gamble and risk it all just to get their own sense of satisfaction from watching the big clubs in the Premier League. their views are based on their personal desires and nothing the club has ever promised to deliver and when the club don't meet their desires they see it as a club with problems and anyone working for the club who isn't delivering their desires (however unreasonable) then they have to go in their eyes and will create stuff in an attempt prove their case and make more people join their bandwaggon

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ticket prices start (for category C games) at £25 which isnt bad. The category system will need scrapping too. £38 a month isnt awful either, especially as the club dont really need to do direct debit STs.

The club REALLY do need to do direct debit STs. They'd never get close the the amount of ST holders we (currently!) have were it not for them. I'll give them that one. That was a very good idea.

Tickets STARTING at £25 for the poorest opposition is a joke.

Look at the Price of Football report. The most expensive day out in the Championship.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Other than a lot of invented nonsense about him from people with an agenda against him, i see no reason why he should be removed and as far as i can tell, he has been doing exactly what Bloom wants him to do, otherwise Bloom would have taken action to change what he does (new guidance or dismissal)

It's pathetic how many want to destablise this club now we are finally starting to build a secure, long term foundation.

You'd have thought that nearly losing the club would be enough to make fans want to see the club build these types of foundations but seeing as we missed out on the play-offs, and the new level of expectation that this has brought out in some, it seems they would rather that we gamble and risk it all just to get their own sense of satisfaction from watching the big clubs in the Premier League. their views are based on their personal desires and nothing the club has ever promised to deliver and when the club don't meet their desires they see it as a club with problems and anyone working for the club who isn't delivering their desires (however unreasonable) then they have to go in their eyes and will create stuff in an attempt prove their case and make more people join their bandwaggon

Quite right. Pathetic is the word. Is there an agenda here ?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(

You are a tedious lackey naus, now run along...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Look at the Price of Football report. The most expensive day out in the Championship.

But what is the answer?

We're all kicking off about selling our best players, not spending money on a squad to challenge toward the top…..and yet we also kick off how expensive a day out it is. How can this two extremes be resolved?

I too think it's too expensive, but the location we were forced to build on means it's expensive to run, expensive to subsidise the transport. How does the club make our match day experience cheaper, but also the team more competitive?

The only real answer to that as I see it is to start to have a treadmill of future stars emerging from the academy and we start making some serious money (like Southampton) on talent we bring through and sell on. But that isn't going to suddenly happen over night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shit seat ? Is there REALLY a shit seat in the Amex ? Compare that to a £35 QPR charge for a restricted view seat.

Agree with the shit team bit though, hence why the category pricing needs scrapping.

Seats at pitch level are pretty rubbish in my opinion. And 25 notes for one of them is too much for a C game.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
And how do you know that ? When I have heard him speak he is often talking about building the support and filling the seats.

Just talking the talk: in reality the chief executive is demolishing the support and emptying the seats. I know some on here think that his responsibilities don't extend beyond trimming costs and cutting some high profile deals (although remember that the Amex relationship was established way before his time) but for £480k I think we can expect more. Morale is low among the staff and collapsing among the supporters. Staff turnover is heavy and only this week a manager at the club told me that there is hardly anyone there who understands the culture of the Albion or knows anything of its history. Barber certainly doesn't.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just talking the talk: in reality the chief executive is demolishing the support and emptying the seats. I know some on here think that his responsibilities don't extend beyond trimming costs and cutting some high profile deals (although remember that the Amex relationship was established way before his time) but for £480k I think we can expect more. Morale is low among the staff and collapsing among the supporters. Staff turnover is heavy and only this week a manager at the club told me that there is hardly anyone there who understands the culture of the Albion or knows anything of its history. Barber certainly doesn't.

I have no inside info - so I don't know anything about staff morale. I suspect it is difficult to reign back on expenditure, and sack people without upsetting people.

If Barber doesn't know (or doesn't care) he seems to have recruited someone who is looking to address these issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here