Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bands/singers that would take Glastonbury by storm in 2023

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm by no means a fan, but I reckon Gary Numan could do it. He's got a legion of dedicated fans but enough songs that the public know.

Not sure if they've headlined before but the specials would smash it even without Jerry.
That's a brilliant call. I'm not a fan either but as you suggest Numan has a good balance between the devoted and the casual fans who will buy big time into the nostalgia due to the late 70/80's hits

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Fleetwood Mac are overdue an appearance, and they were in discussions to play the 50th year.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm by no means a fan, but I reckon Gary Numan could do it. He's got a legion of dedicated fans but enough songs that the public know.

Not sure if they've headlined before but the specials would smash it even without Jerry.

I'm a fan of Numan's early and recent work (not so much in-between), but not sure where he'd fit in at Glastonbury really. Wouldn't appeal to under 30s, and isn't right for the (singalong) 'legends' slot. Maybe they should have a 'pioneers' slot.

(The Specials played in 2009-ish)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Adam and the Ants

Crosby Stillls Nash & young, with Tom Jones as a special guest.

Sly & the family Stone

REM

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Kate Bush.

Although her current wave of fame will probably have passed by then, she has an enduring appeal that I think would go down well with the Henman Hill crowd at the Pyramid stage.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No. They’ve never played it. Was in talks over headlining (Eavid is a fan), but talks broke down over money.

Well they can **** off, then.

I was taking to members of Nubiyan Twist who told me they were getting paid less for their show at Glastonbury than for any other gig they play, and that 80% of bands who play at Glastonbury don’t get paid at all.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Dead:
Friday - Beastie Boys
Sat - The Clash
Sun - Chuck Berry (Legends slot). Bob Marley & Wailers

Alive
Friday - Beyonce
Sat - ABBA
Sun - Stevie Wonder (Legends slot). REM

Just like to add this is NOT who I want to see & would be a completely different choice tomorrow!

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well he took Woodstock by storm in 1969, and I'm pretty sure Alvin Lee & 10 Years After would do the same to Glastonbury today.
RIP Alvin.

You could say the same of Woodstock about Carlos Santana, and he’s still alive.

I would also go along with mentions of Stevie Wonder - a huge back catalogue filled with all sorts of gems, much better value than, say, Diana Ross.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well they can **** off, then.

I was taking to members of Nubiyan Twist who told me they were getting paid less for their show at Glastonbury than for any other gig they play, and that 80% of bands who play at Glastonbury don’t get paid at all.

Sounds about right, like Goodwood its a very corporate commercial affair these days.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hawkwind doing the Space Ritual - they did actually play Glastonbury in the early 1970's, well before it became a middle class glamping holiday.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It won't happen, but

Paul Weller, with special guests Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler for the last forty-five minutes of the near three hour set.

Close the thread….

With a similar deal for Morrissey on the Friday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here