Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bands/singers that would take Glastonbury by storm in 2023

scooter1

How soon is now?
Well they can **** off, then.

I was taking to members of Nubiyan Twist who told me they were getting paid less for their show at Glastonbury than for any other gig they play, and that 80% of bands who play at Glastonbury don’t get paid at all.

I got asked to part of a band backing a singer at Glastonbury 7 or 8 years ago, and was told we wouldn’t get paid and we could only have festival access for day that we played. I politely declined

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is it? In what way?

Both are commercial affairs, charge high pay low because of the kudos . . . Goodwood for example, as a competitor, is the most expensive free weekend you'll ever have, you get invited rather than pay to enter, but the display and show expected of you is very resource consuming to deliver.

It's all very clever and makes everyone feel special, but be under no illusions it's a charity.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Both are commercial affairs, charge high pay low because of the kudos . . . Goodwood for example, as a competitor, is the most expensive free weekend you'll ever have, you get invited rather than pay to enter, but the display and show expected of you is very resource consuming to deliver.

It's all very clever and makes everyone feel special, but be under no illusions it's a charity.

Well, it's obvious that Glastonbury is run as business. Its income from tickets alone are £55m+.

But you used the word "corporate" and as a punter there's nothing corporate about it at all.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well, it's obvious that Glastonbury is run as business. Its income from tickets alone are £55m+.

But you used the word "corporate" and as a punter there's nothing corporate about it at all.

They've avoided the 'partners' very well so far (unlike Goodwood) and franchises (bars for example) do seem to be largely local. its certainly a lot more commercial than it was but yes, far better than virtually all the other festivals. I seem te remember a few fosters/carling type mobile bars back in the 90's, which seem to have have thankfully gone.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The perfect Glastonbury line up which will never happen should be:

Dead Kennedys
The Wedding Present
Killing Joke
Cocteau Twins
The Smiths

Having seen Johnny Marr support Pearl Jam on Saturday in Hyde Park and play a string of The Smiths hits, there really is no need for a Morrissey reunion - the tunes are far better without him these days I have to say. In fact, given that Johnny then guest appeared with Pearl Jam, it really wouldn't be a bad Glastonbury Pyramid Saturday lineup.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rotting Christ
Kylie
Duran Duran
Albert Cummins - I would pay serious money to see him at Glastonbury
Eagles of Death Metal
Andrea Bocelli
Dua Lipa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here