Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
400 is a good turn out.

Well done all those that went :bowdown: :bowdown:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Back from game now. Lynch was shocking again, henderson still scared to come off his line. Gatting looked promising, and Carpenter played well.

First half we were terrible, but second half was much better. 1-1 was a fair result which i am happy with!

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
First half it looked like boys (and a couple of old buffers) against men - which I guess it was. But second half we matched or bettered them and sometimes played well.

Oldham looked to me like they're trying to model themselves on the other northern athletic, Wigan. A draw at their place is good, especially when its one of those special offer matches. Based on last years experiences at Stoke and Sheff Utd, the home team gets a whole load of supporters who can't normally be bothered. The home team needs to impress these folks, and surprise surprise things go their way and the part time fans go home happy, maybe to return another day.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Domsdad said:
A draw at their place is good, especially when its one of those special offer matches. Based on last years experiences at Stoke and Sheff Utd, the home team gets a whole load of supporters who can't normally be bothered. The home team needs to impress these folks, and surprise surprise things go their way and the part time fans go home happy, maybe to return another day.

Very true - see Hull City today.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Oldham were the most in form team over the last 6 matches and it showed in the first half. We were really up against it. I was a bit dubious when Chippy came on but he steadied the midfield and Whing was great in the centre of defence. Some of the decisions were bad but it happens although it was funny when the lino gave a throwin completely the wrong way, Btn fans roared their disapproval and then laughed when Kuipers who was warming up appeared to 'have a word' with him.
We were much better in the second half and I felt a draw was a good result.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
At the end Robinson did run to the half way line to try to speak to the ballboy but the ballboy turned away. The game could have gone either way. All in all a result to be roud of especially as I thought our offside goal came off them and so should have stood.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
upnorthnow said:
£2 to get in and I still think we were overcharged, first half was awful, more players not on form than there were playing well.we were very lucky to get a draw and Jake Robinson made a ball boy cry (he was messing with the ball, he was about 11 and Jake is meant to be in the adults team now!)

Let's hope for something to be proud of at Port Vale.
What a load of bollocks. Yes we were dire in the first half, but if you didn't enjoy that second half then there's no point in you going to football. As for the ballboy, they're there to give the ball back to the players, if they start pissing around then they deserve a kick up the arse.
We rode our luck at times, but we were away to a good team. they hit the woodwork twice and we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. A good result for us.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what exactly did robinson do?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The liitle boy boy went off crying.I spoke to a copper behind me who said Robinson grabbed the ball of him quicly and knocked him over.The boy did return but Robinson got booed.At the end of the match Robinson went over to him but the ball boy turned his back on Jake.Rude little shit bag

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Pushed a ballboy apparently. :eek:

richie partirdge wouldnt of done that

0,,10360~3056639,00.jpg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We missed Cox big time.

With Revell, Bowditch & Robinson all starting I thought we were going out 4-3-3 (very brave away from home) - but Revell played wide right and an interesting tactic emerged where Hendo (yes he is shit-scared to come off his line) would kick to the inside-right position and Revell would run square from right wing and win a skimming header lay-on. In the last 10 mins this fed Gats with two good scoring opportunities.

Jake and the ball-boy - had a good view of this - we were one-down and Jake wanted to take a quick throw - the BB was stood right in front of Jake holding the ball but would not hand it over to him (presumably under instructions when Oldham are winning) - Jake snatched the ball and pushed the BB away (he didn't fall over) - the BB refushed to sit back on his little stool and when off to find a grown-up - apparently his mother put in a complaint and Jake wanted to apologise after but the BB was having none of it.

Final observation - I'd like to see the stats on Tank's headers - won and lost. I recon over the 90 mins he must of won 40 headers and lost out on 2 - he is a fecking rock in our back line against teams that like to hit it long - our man of the match in my opinion.

Definately a point earned and not 2 lost

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If Wilkins says it was our best performance of the season then that's good enough for me.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
bhaexpress said:
If Wilkins says it was our best performance of the season then that's good enough for me.

I think Wilkins probably meant to add "given the team we were playing and their form (unbeaten in 10) and us not having Cox or Hinsh (2 of our most influential players playing). We were all at sea first half and looked like no-nopers. To salvage a draw and come close to a winner was indeed a good performance" - under the circumstances - but I'm not sure I could agree with "best perfomance of the season".

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Shropshire Seagull said:
I think Wilkins probably meant to add "given the team we were playing and their form (unbeaten in 10) and us not having Cox or Hinsh (2 of our most influential players playing). We were all at sea first half and looked like no-nopers. To salvage a draw and come close to a winner was indeed a good performance" - under the circumstances - but I'm not sure I could agree with "best perfomance of the season".

Neither would I but despite a poor first half it clearly wasn't as bad overall as some people say.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Jake and the ball-boy - had a good view of this - we were one-down and Jake wanted to take a quick throw - the BB was stood right in front of Jake holding the ball but would not hand it over to him (presumably under instructions when Oldham are winning) - Jake snatched the ball and pushed the BB away (he didn't fall over) - the BB refushed to sit back on his little stool and when off to find a grown-up - apparently his mother put in a complaint and Jake wanted to apologise after but the BB was having none of it.

Makes a change from the Northhampton game at home where one of OUR boyboys gave the other team the ball while everyone else (including the defense) was watching the other ball fly over row Z.They took the quick throw in and scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here