Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Support Today

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
So you're choosing to ignore the other 3,000 or so that were standing to your right? Mong.

can you read,thats why he said that,shite home support,you sang once you went 2 goals ahead,but tbh heard louder at countless grounds,that my friend is fact..........now judging by your childish name calling,get to a few more grounds then your see about noise,ie stoke leeds,swansea to name a few,oh you were marginaly louder than pompey

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Touchy lot of late aren't you, mouthy manager and assistant with a 'don't you know who we are ?' attitude, dirty team, fans leaving 20 minute early, supposedly everyones cup final, and all because you aren't running away with the league.

Welcome to the Championship, start respecting established teams and you might start winning games.

A very quick look tells me that you were on this board, the one belonging to a team you don't follow, extremely early on a Saturday morning, again later in the day, again early this morning, and again all afternoon.

I'd suggest you try enjoy your life a tad, make some friends, and stop sitting at your computer reading into other teams away supports.

Jesus wept. Get a life mate.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Southampton fans at St Mary's are always noisy, and them being 3 nil up doesn't help. What also didn't help was being right on the barrier by the home fans being videoed by the police for the entire 1st half. I know they weren't focusing on me as I have never done anything wrong, and provided you don't make gestures, I know there is nothing wrong with singing, but it makes you feel like a school kid when the headteacher is around, definitely made me a lot quieter.

Think i was near you, having that policeman with that camcorder made me feel uncomfortable. He was filming the 2 blokes next to me who didn't seem to watch any of the match and were more interested in causing a nuisance with the Southampton fans.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
can you read,thats why he said that,shite home support,you sang once you went 2 goals ahead,but tbh heard louder at countless grounds,that my friend is fact..........now judging by your childish name calling,get to a few more grounds then your see about noise,ie stoke leeds,swansea to name a few,oh you were marginaly louder than pompey

Well others on here seem to think otherwise.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
that maybe so,thats what these forums are for,not childish name calling on posters threads.
Ive had plenty of friends give our home support over the years,mainly from the withdean era,but i can honestly say,if brighton were top of the league in the championship with 32000 crowd,i doubt wewould wait untill we went 2 nil,to start singing

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
that maybe so,thats what these forums are for,not childish name calling on posters threads.
Ive had plenty of friends give our home support over the years,mainly from the withdean era,but i can honestly say,if brighton were top of the league in the championship with 32000 crowd,i doubt wewould wait untill we went 2 nil,to start singing

waited until we went 2 nil up before we started singing ? lol yeh ok mate.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
we have another one that can read,well done something in the water.
Are you saying you were vocal in the 1st half then??

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Saints support was quite impressive. Third year in a row, I really do like the slowed down of 'When the Saints', I wish we'd do a Sussex by the Sea version.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
:bowdown: to be honest mate I was under par yesterday, mainly due to the fact I had virtually lost my voice before the game ! [MENTION=13726]Marc1901[/MENTION] will tell you I was talking a bit like a husky voiced GIRL !
I can hardly muster up a squeak this morning !

:lolol:

Was a bit hard to understand you with no voice, lets hope it's back for Coventry!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I left when the team left. At about 75 minutes.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Funny thing about Southampton is that they don't really have a proper singing 'home' end, just less than half the Northam stand and a few hundred in the Itchen corner. I'm sure the other two stands are full of cardboard cut-outs, i've never hearda peep out of them.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Funny thing about Southampton is that they don't really have a proper singing 'home' end, just less than half the Northam stand and a few hundred in the Itchen corner. I'm sure the other two stands are full of cardboard cut-outs, i've never hearda peep out of them.

That's the case in a lot of the new stadiums though, where the home end has been made the family section: Hull, Reading, Swansea, Southampton, and even Manchester City.

As for our fans (and I didn't go yesterday, so can't really comment), but I tend to find where we only take 1000-1500 we are much noisier. Certainly was the case most of last season. Where it's a big crowd and allocated seats only, the diehards are all mixed in with non-singing fans. At least you could select your seat at the Amex. Nowadays I prefer to sit at away games (being only 5'6", I can't see a lot when standing, so tend to go down the front when we can sit where we like. Old days where you had terracing and a bit of seating for those who didn't want to stand were far better in my view.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Agree with you there, best away support i can remember was at Millwall 2 or 3 years ago - only about 1,500 or so Albion there but outsung them and ripped the piss to such an extent there were angry inquests on their message boards about it. I think it was the game we won 1-0 with a last minute goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here