Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Support Today

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
We made more noise during the first half but if the home team is 3up with 29000 more fans than us and they can't out sing us then there is something wrong.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Fine. Great. I'm glad it's made your day.

Touchy lot of late aren't you, mouthy manager and assistant with a 'don't you know who we are ?' attitude, dirty team, fans leaving 20 minute early, supposedly everyones cup final, and all because you aren't running away with the league.

Welcome to the Championship, start respecting established teams and you might start winning games.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Touchy lot of late aren't you, mouthy manager and assistant with a 'don't you know who we are ?' attitude, dirty team, fans leaving 20 minute early, supposedly everyones cup final, and all because you aren't running away with the league.

Welcome to the Championship, start respecting established teams and you might start winning games.

Eh? I'm not touchy and I don't expect to run away with the league. Happy with mid table this season thanks. :thumbsup:

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
I thought southampton's fans were excellent yesterday as were there team,second half we were outplayed,out sung and out bantered,sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and admit defeat in all area's,we done it to enough teams last year and yesterday was our turn.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The allocated seating business really didn't help. I was stuck down the front and couldn't find anyone to swap with. Seems that people who got their tickets late got the best seats which is a bit of a piss take - could hardly see a thing where we were.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We saw quite a few pile off a Brighton bound train last night at about 8pm. On the whole were in good spirits despite the loss. Brighton station is brilliant accoustically for the old Seagulls chant :lol: Although there was one horrendously drunk woman with what looked like her husband and also with them was a boy of 12-13 who I assume was their son. She was staggering around in her replica shirt and swearing and shouting with a can of tennants in her hand. I felt very sory for the kid, who had his head down and I also felt embarrassed for our club. I hate to think of what ordinary life in that house must be like.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Southampton fans at St Mary's are always noisy, and them being 3 nil up doesn't help. What also didn't help was being right on the barrier by the home fans being videoed by the police for the entire 1st half. I know they weren't focusing on me as I have never done anything wrong, and provided you don't make gestures, I know there is nothing wrong with singing, but it makes you feel like a school kid when the headteacher is around, definitely made me a lot quieter.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
To be honest, WE that is Brighton and Hove Albion players, fans and management gave up after the second penalty. It was embarrassing to see the team just stop playing (apart from CMS & Nooney) Harper stopped the score being about 5 or 6. I didn't like seeing the away end emptying with more than 10 mins to go (not 20 Aquilaugh) but given the lack of effort from the players I couldn't really blame them.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I thought southampton's fans were excellent yesterday as were there team,second half we were outplayed,out sung and out bantered,sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and admit defeat in all area's,we done it to enough teams last year and yesterday was our turn.

Can't agree with that at all, thought that apart from a few hundred in the Itchen corner they were pretty quiet until they went ahead. As others have said, easy to be noisy when you're winning comfortably.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Surely this is the time to sing louder, you know, to try and lift the team !

You going to the game today? Or are you gonna spend your Sunday on another teams forum?

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
Can't agree with that at all, thought that apart from a few hundred in the Itchen corner they were pretty quiet until they went ahead. As others have said, easy to be noisy when you're winning comfortably.

So you're choosing to ignore the other 3,000 or so that were standing to your right? Mong.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
We can make a racket when we get going. Generally bloks 37-42 is where the noise comes from. When the Itchen corner is open round to block 4 creates a bit of noise. Before it was closed it was defo the loudest part of thhe ground, you get a better atmosphere wher you can actually face the away fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here