Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Fan Averages

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
So much for palace and their poor away following.A team that picked up ONE away point on a Saturday and in a league they have been in for a number of years still get above the average away attendance for the division.
Well done on getting a couple of hundred more per game,brilliant for a team that looked odds on for the championship since early Christmas.:clap:

Take out your local games against the likes of Millwall ,QPR.Reading,Watford etc OG and the figure would be nearer the 1000 mark.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I love the decimal points in that table... like it gives it some mathematical credibility, when the numbers are dependant on dodgy turnstile operators and the honesty of football league clubs in declaring their revenues.

I think our away average attendance is actually slightly higher than shown with some home clubs announcing the amount of presold tickets as the away attendance and all those who POTD are added into the total attendance e.g. Walsall & Peterborough.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
This Season most of our away attendances:

Swindon 1391
Northampton Town (Carling Cup) 539
Sheffield Wednesday 1067
Carlisle United 422
Plymouth Argyle 338
Charlton Athletic 3394
Peterborough United 2519
Hartlepool United 446
Woking (FA CUP Rd 1) 785
Southampton 3105
FC United Of Manchester (FA CUP Rnd 2 Replay) 249
Huddersfield Town 854
Exeter City 834
AFC Bournemouth 2308
Watford (FA CUP Rnd 4) 3649
Leyton Orient 1,955
Bristol Rovers 1,058
Stoke City (FA CUP Rnd 5) 3,450
MK Dons 2,068
Brentford 1,737
Oldham Athletic 572
Dagenham And Redbridge 1411
Rochdale 867
Colchester United ??
Notts County ??
Tranmere (I did go but i dont have an away attendance for this one)

Away Games not attendend: Yeovil,Walsall,

Last edited:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Take out your local games against the likes of Millwall ,QPR.Reading,Watford etc OG and the figure would be nearer the 1000 mark.
Silly comment wiggy.
Colchester,Dagenham,Brentford,MKdons,Orient,Bournemouth,Southampton and Charlton are all local games in your division plus Bristol Rovers and Peterborough.
While we are looking at excuses we were televised at 12.45 at xmas away to Swansea and 5.45 away to Sheffield united.Play it any way you like this Myth about your superb away support is just that.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
trouble with all these figures is that we know they are absolute rubbish.

So many times last season the declared attendance for away fans was just the number of pre-match sales through the Albion box office and bore no relation to the actual numbers in attendance had pay on the day fans been included

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Silly comment wiggy.
Colchester,Dagenham,Brentford,MKdons,Orient,Bournemouth,Southampton and Charlton are all local games in your division plus Bristol Rovers and Peterborough.
While we are looking at excuses we were televised at 12.45 at xmas away to Swansea and 5.45 away to Sheffield united.Play it any way you like this Myth about your superb away support is just that.

For someone who's avatar says "just the facts", you seem to try and deny them even when they are proven and staring you in the face.

you were a league higher with miles better and more attractive teams/grounds and you still flopped....... just the facts

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm laughing my head off at the Reading stats. According to a fan i know they have 'One of the most dedicated fan bases in the country' & 'Sell out most games home & away'

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
For someone who's avatar says "just the facts", you seem to try and deny them even when they are proven and staring you in the face.

you were a league higher with miles better and more attractive teams/grounds and you still flopped....... just the facts
Fans turn out for winning teams-FACT.Look at your pathetic attendances until it looked like you were nailed on for promotion.You couldn't even sell out the ground.The poor surroundings at Withdean didn't matter so much when you were winning eh?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Usually the away allocation is around 8% of total capacity. Which for falmer would mean around 1760

QUOTE=Crouch End Seagull;4142380]Just found this on another website and thought I'd share. It's average number of away fans who followed each Championship club in 10/11.

Leeds United.........................3465.1
Nottingham Forest.................2081.0
Norwich City..........................1971.0
Leicester City........................1968.2
QPR.....................................1562.1
Cardiff City............................1530.8
Burnley.................................1476.3
Hull........................................1404.6
Derby County........................1319.8
Millwall.................................1216.2
Crystal Palace.......................1204.6
Ipswich Town........................1197.5
Portsmouth...........................1194.5
Middlesbrough......................1059.5
Sheffield United.....................1039.7
Swansea City.........................960.6
Doncaster Rovers...................936.8
Barnsley................................898.4
Reading.................................894.1
Watford..................................880.4
Coventry City..........................844.5
Bristol City.............................734.8
Preston North End..................624.2
Scunthorpe United..................515.7

PS: What I'd like to see if anyone has it is what the away end allocations are at each club.[/QUOTE]

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I really hope we do still get a decent away contingent next year. As much as the Amex is going to be awesome, I love away matches, the atmosphere is nearly always brilliant.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Our gates are up this year,but thanks for the input.
Next excuse?

How about this one - Dagenham, Charlton, Brentford, Bournemouth were away games off the top of my head that were sellouts. If we could have, we'd have taken a whole lot more. How's that for a fact?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Our gates are up this year,but thanks for the input.
Next excuse?

But how many more free tickets were given out to schoolkids to boost the attendances at Smellhurst this season ?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
How about this one - Dagenham, Charlton, Brentford, Bournemouth were away games off the top of my head that were sellouts. If we could have, we'd have taken a whole lot more. How's that for a fact?

Thanks for proving my point.Wigman said our attendances were inflated due to nearby games.So were yours.And that is a fact.QPR ,Reading,Doncaster and Pompey were sell outs although Pompey released more mid-afternoon on the day of the match.I don't give a flying one to be honest but somebody has to break the delusional spiral affecting your fans.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
But how many more free tickets were given out to schoolkids to boost the attendances at Smellhurst this season ?

No idea but they were greatly reduced prices and it was for a few games so probably about 500 of the average would be about right.Don't get on to home attendances please as you know where it will lead

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Thanks for proving my point.Wigman said our attendances were inflated due to nearby games.So were yours.And that is a fact.QPR ,Reading,Doncaster and Pompey were sell outs although Pompey released more mid-afternoon on the day of the match.I don't give a flying one to be honest but somebody has to break the delusional spiral affecting your fans.

So to sum it up, our away support is still better than yours. Yep, thought so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here