Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away at Stoke

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Edit: My sarcasm isn't very good.

Last edited:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Doesn't Naylor support these anti-football hoofists? Can at least give him some grief on his Q & A. :p

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Our first time in the fifth round in 25 years and only 1,500 can be arsed to turn up?

Exactly. We'll sell out - the fifth round of the FA Cup is a massive game for any League One club, will be a good test.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Its our Cup Final...... surely?..... chuckle,..... their board will be full of "we should be beating teams like Brighton",.... blah blah blah,..... and as for how many will go,.... 6500 to Villa last year,... 4k to Watford,... I doubt any more than 1500 will be interested in this game,.... at best...... unless they make it £10 a head or something.
Well, going to Villa is a good day out. It's still a shit place but the match was good value. Nice stadium too. Going to Stoke is just... I mean, I'll still try to get tickets even though the ticket ordering system is hellbent on no letting me go to games this season, but it's not the tie anyone wanted. A team that's probably going to beat us in the dullest way possible?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Shit draw. Shit city. Shit team. Just shit. Crawley would have been perfect thugs v thugs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't worry, there willbe plenty of tickets available.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The team I want to see most of all in the fifth round is Brighton and Hove Albion, does anyone else feel like this?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My reaction is similar to how I felt when we drew Watford in the last round..........shit! - no glory if we win, and a good chance of being knocked out.
Defending against set pieces isn't our strong point, is it? Oh dear..........is Delap anywhere near clocking up a suspension?

BeepBeepImaJeep

Farewell and adieu....
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Wow with the amount of people saying how shit stoke are and how awful they play I almost thought I was on a Barcelona board.... is this place like those types that say "Oh f*** I'd rather lose every game rather than play like Stoke. Premiership or not! Shit club!". f*** me I never knew everybody was so keen on League One.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It will be a good litmus test of our 'true' support. if we don't sell the full allocation it will indicate we are a bit two bob and just a bunch of gloryseekers. Let's face it, if we can take 3,600 against Watford, who are a division below Stoke, we ought to take more than that for a match against a Prem team...........unless the fanbase are too superior to attend.

Spot on. I thought the whole idea of getting promoted this season was to pit our wits against better teams in better stadiums. We are away to a premiership side and I`ll be interested in seeing how we fare.

People tchh.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Spot on. I thought the whole idea of getting promoted this season was to pit our wits against better teams in better stadiums. We are away to a premiership side and I`ll be interested in seeing how we fare.

People tchh.

f*** me.

You're sober.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Hospitality package instead of a ticket?
1863 Lounge
The 1863 Lounge is a members and guest lounge only.

A friendly relaxed atmosphere offering refreshments, West Stand upper seating and a vibrant lively match day atmosphere.

Package includes:

• Executive Cash Bar
• Pre-match carved meat baguettes, chips and salad
• Half time soup and full-time Wright's Pie.
• Reserved seating in blocks 7-9
• Pre-match entertainment including team briefing with Director of Football
• Seasonal Car Park Pass
• Match day programme
• Match day gift
• X 1 free cup game (1st at the Britannia stadium)

Dress Code - Casual, no football colours

2010/11 Pricing

Seasonal: £1,450 + vat pp*
Matchday: From £59 + vat pp

*Includes Free CityBusiness Gold Executive Membership

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They might make it £10 a head for their fans and still charge us £25...they have a track record in that department, don't forget!

This applies to League games , for FA Cup games both clubs decide on a price and if they cannot agree a decision is made by the FA. I reckon £18 a ticket.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Sorry if fixtures, but has anyone mentioned that Stoke have Arsenal away on Tues 22nd Feb - might rest some of their better players against us 3 days before?

This is a game we can win. Christ, if Notts County can hold Man City then surely we've got a chance against a tem of hoofers like Stoke.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A point I would like to make, to some who say about glory hunting fans. Of which following club since late 70s I am not. Is that, we are just getting over the xmas bills. Deposits for Falmer and diret debits have been set up. It will be £70 min on fuel in a car and more like £ 70 on the train + the day itself. League games are coming thick and fast, which I feel are more important than Stoke... Yes ok if it was Arsenal/ Chelsea/ Man utd then I would find a way. I have been to Stoke several times and it is not a nice day out or experence, on a par with Cardiff. True its the 5th round etc etc and we have not been here for donkeys years. But in these times of money being very tight, i dont blame people for maybe giving this one a swerve. All that said I will probbley get tempted in two weeks time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This game will show Gus how we match up to Premier League opposition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here