Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away at Stoke

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dont think there will be a problem for tickets, The plus side is that they dont take it seriously and they will play reserves.

v Wolves (F A Cup)

29. Thomas Sorensen
28. Andy Wilkinson (66)
4. Robert Huth
25. Abdoulaye Faye
14. Danny Pugh
19. Jonathan Walters
15. Salif Diao (46)
24. Rory Delap
26. Matthew Etherington
22. John Carew
9. Kenwyne Jones (68)
SUBS
27. Carlo Nash (GK)
5. Danny Collins
6. Glenn Whelan (46)
10. Ricardo Fuller (68)
12. Marc Wilson (66)
16. Jermaine Pennant
20. Tuncay Sanli

v Fulham (Premier)

1. Asmir Begovic
28. Andy Wilkinson
4. Robert Huth
17. Ryan Shawcross
5. Danny Collins (58)
24. Rory Delap
12. Marc Wilson
18. Dean Whitehead
26. Matthew Etherington (63)
9. Kenwyne Jones
20. Tuncay Sanli (58)
SUBS
29. Thomas Sorensen (GK)
6. Glenn Whelan (63)
10. Ricardo Fuller
16. Jermaine Pennant
19. Jonathan Walters
22. John Carew (58)
25. Abdoulaye Faye (58)

v Man United (earlier in the season)

29. Thomas Sorensen
4. Robert Huth
17. Ryan Shawcross
25. Abdoulaye Faye
5. Danny Collins (57)
16. Jermaine Pennant (78)
12. Marc Wilson
24. Rory Delap
26. Matthew Etherington
19. Jonathan Walters (66)
9. Kenwyne Jones
SUBS
1. Asmir Begovic (GK)
3. Danny Higginbotham (57)
6. Glenn Whelan
7. Eidur Gudjohnsen (78)
14. Danny Pugh
20. Tuncay Sanli (66)
28. Andy Wilkinson

Like Albion they give a run out to a few of the reserves. I think we need a "secret weapon" to win this one.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
My first reaction to this draw was much like everyone else - worst possible outcome. But this will be what we make it - if a big away following turns up then Gus will field a strong side and they'll give it a right go and - win or lose - hopefully show the world what we're capable of against a Prem team.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Shit draw, but will be a good test. Plus it will be another ground to tick off my list.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
A point I would like to make, to some who say about glory hunting fans. Of which following club since late 70s I am not. Is that, we are just getting over the xmas bills. Deposits for Falmer and diret debits have been set up. It will be £70 min on fuel in a car and more like £ 70 on the train + the day itself. League games are coming thick and fast, which I feel are more important than Stoke... Yes ok if it was Arsenal/ Chelsea/ Man utd then I would find a way. I have been to Stoke several times and it is not a nice day out or experence, on a par with Cardiff. True its the 5th round etc etc and we have not been here for donkeys years. But in these times of money being very tight, i dont blame people for maybe giving this one a swerve. All that said I will probbley get tempted in two weeks time.

With you all the way, and then you say what I've highlighted:glare::annoyed:

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Strangely, the best possible outcome for me personally as the brother in law is not only a top guy, but the Stoke physio to boot!! We got him a good xmas present so have fingers crossed for complimentary tickets.

Seriously, although the stadium is wierd and arctic cold, if people want to experience full on atmosphere at a football match then there's nowhere better to go than the Brittania, their fans are something else.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Not the most glamorous draw we could have got. Still it's a good test against Premier League opposition, and on the day a tough but winnable tie.

Looking at the quality of players in Stokes team, it's no harder a game on paper then the Portsmouth tie. I personally feel that Fuller, Etherington, Carew, Kenwyne Jones etc would be no more different to facing Kanu, Nugent, Kitson and Liam Lawrence, and on that occassion we got the better of a good Portsmouth side with some ease.

For those of you who've not been to Stoke, sure it's not the most scenic of towns, but there are some good pubs around there and in Staffordshire. I found Stoke fans to be generally a good natured bunch, (I was once asked if I fancied "a bit of a do" by a Stoke fan twice my size, and when I declined he got me a beer for beating Port Vale!) and there'd be no problems for travelling fans(unless you find yourself in Burslem).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
True. We haven't exactly been complimentary about them have we.

Not especially, no - but the disappointment shows - neither is it a shoe-in opportunity to rogress to the 6th. round (Orient or Crawley at home, nor a chance to go out (or even on) in a blaze of glory

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here