Ask Paul Barber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mr Barber. Why do you not see fit to offer student rates? We haven't filled the ground yet, have we?

Ms Lucas. Where is our Park and Ride system suitable for a city with such an influx of people and traffIc to our faIr shores?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To PB: Just how clever are you? For instance, do you read a book a week?

To CL: What are you going to do when you lose your job in the next election? Join the WI?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
To PB - is there any truth in the rumour (that I just made up in my head) that Tony B rides around the pitch on a diamond studded leopard every Sunday wearing a mankini?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
for CL

How come travellers can park their caravans, trucks and cars on parks and gardens in Brighton and Hove and nothing is done to fine, prosecute or confiscate the untaxed and uninsured vehicles of the offenders or make them pay towards the clean up and repairs to the damage they cause, yet rate paying citizens of Brighton and Hove park 5 inches over a parking bay and their car is towed away with a £140 fine? Is this not a case of double or even treble (if they have paid for a parking permit) taxation on the citizens of your constituency?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If all the world were paper,
and all the seas were ink,
if all the trees were bread and cheese,
what would there be to drink, how much would you think a fair price would be per pint, and would you employ Azure to take charge of delivering the product?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ms Lucas. Where is our Park and Ride system suitable for a city with such an influx of people and traffIc to our faIr shores?

for CL

How come travellers can park their caravans, trucks and cars on parks and gardens in Brighton and Hove and nothing is done to fine, prosecute or confiscate the untaxed and uninsured vehicles of the offenders or make them pay towards the clean up and repairs to the damage they cause, yet rate paying citizens of Brighton and Hove park 5 inches over a parking bay and their car is towed away with a £140 fine? Is this not a case of double or even treble (if they have paid for a parking permit) taxation on the citizens of your constituency?

Interesting that you both ask questions of your MP (assuming she is your MP), when they should be addressed to your local councillor.

Though in the case of the second 'question', some semblance of reality might help.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Q for PB

When the stadium is empty do you ever smear your privates in marmite and run naked around the pitch signing along to Shaggy's 1993 smash Oh Carolina?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you would be happy to give me a transcript of his answer, I shall forgive your faux-pas. :p

Just for you, BoF.

I've edited the waffle (mine and his).

AR: Where the seats haven’t sold out, is there a deal that can be struck with the University of Sussex or University of Brighton Student Union...?

PB: Let’s take a step back, first of all - we’ve just had one of the largest crowd Brighton has had
(the Cardiff game) for decades. Secondly this a funny time of year, people have taken their holidays late because of the Olympics, football clubs traditionally have empty seats in August because people are away, STH are not here,...

We’re going to constantly be looking at ways of getting the stadium as full as it can be. Ticket exchange is one of those ways; publishing dates well in advance, looking at mini-packs where people who can’t afford STs, can perhaps buy tickets for three of four games...

I’m always loathe to get into debates about discounted tickets as we’ve got to be respectful of those people that have bought STs and paid a good price for those. We’ve also got to be respectful of those who have paid a full matchday price, but we’ll always look at ways of trying to introduce new fans...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Interesting that you both ask questions of your MP (assuming she is your MP), when they should be addressed to your local councillor.

Though in the case of the second 'question', some semblance of reality might help.

She is. She seems to be far more approachable than the other Greens and presumably is in the position to raise the city P&R issue.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just for you, BoF.

I've edited the waffle (mine and his).

AR: Where the seats haven’t sold out, is there a deal that can be struck with the University of Sussex or University of Brighton Student Union...?

PB: Let’s take a step back, first of all - we’ve just had one of the largest crowd Brighton has had
(the Cardiff game) for decades. Secondly this a funny time of year, people have taken their holidays late because of the Olympics, football clubs traditionally have empty seats in August because people are away, STH are not here,...

We’re going to constantly be looking at ways of getting the stadium as full as it can be. Ticket exchange is one of those ways; publishing dates well in advance, looking at mini-packs where people who can’t afford STs, can perhaps buy tickets for three of four games...

I’m always loathe to get into debates about discounted tickets as we’ve got to be respectful of those people that have bought STs and paid a good price for those. We’ve also got to be respectful of those who have paid a full matchday price, but we’ll always look at ways of trying to introduce new fans...

Cheers. As expected. Skirted the issue.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hardly.

He said 'no'.

Where did he say no? He said they were constantly looking at ways to 'getting the stadium as full as can be'.

He is neglecting to take in to account that there are many students whom support BHAFC, perhaps a fair few who arew unable to afford or put off attending due to high prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports